Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

If that is the case I will be booking something with the locals.

I also was under the impression that this was like their other private island.

Me too. It's a fully developed island destination by NCL on ground leased/bought from Belize. No locals around on the island, besides the ones who may run the local souvenir shop as per press release. All boating/excursions will go through NCL's Marina so even a (assuming there is..) 15-20 min water taxi to the shores of Belize will go into NCL's pockets. ;)

Not sure what the exact docking times are for HC but running the double amount of restaurant seats (island and ship combined) whilst the ship is under 5 minutes away by foot seems a bad business decision. Food costs wise and staffing would be a problem too to ensure proper service. Despite I don't like fees too the decision to go a la carte seems a logical choice.

And with quality venues like Food Republic on Escape the a la carte is worth the (small) extra pay to most.

My Nov 20 cruise also says Harvest Kaye.

LOL...also just checked..on our Nov 20th cruise:) We are new to NCL and their bigger ships although we have cruised a lot...sure do hope we get to visit this new port...although my favorite is HMC....kind of disappointing that there is no meal provided...I was thinking this was a private island type port but apparently not...anyway looking forward to a new ship and new experiences:):)

This is really starting to get quite irritating. I booked our March 16 cruz partially because HC was something new. NCL told our TA 10 (TEN) times that it would be open for our cruz as late as January. Lie 1. They eluded that your beverage package would be valid there like their other private island. Lie 2.

I`ll bet any and all takers a 6 pack of Belikin that this this CFE (charge for everything-NCL new logo) thing is not open until 2017...2018 if a big storm hits.

ncl%20charge_zpsrqz0krrd.png

My Jade Nov 13 cruise is scheduled to be there on Nov18, and still on my itinerary. I see the GA is going to Belize City on Nov 17. Is it possible we are the first cruise scheduled to go there? (If all goes well of course).

Anyone see any dates going before this? I guess it would make sense not to start with a mega ship to test the waters.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

One other thing shared today since the bars and restaurants are operated by local UBP will not work on Harvest Caye.

Source? As far I know the bars are NCL's. As the rest of the island..

The food service on the island is best viewed as specialty restaurants only and a free buffet on the ship. ;)

Source? As far I know the bars are NCL's. As the rest of the island..

The food service on the island is best viewed as specialty restaurants only and a free buffet on the ship. ;)

Seriously ? If they are going to charge for all food options ,why would you doubt that the drinks are also going to be a la carte ?

I heard that you will get 1 free disembark on HC . NCL insists it is not about revenue but the additional charge is for our convenience to cut down on lines . They are always thinking of the customer . :rolleyes:

Edited by richstowe

Seriously ? If they are going to charge for all food options ,why would you doubt that the drinks are also going to be a la carte ?

I heard that you will get 1 free disembark on HC . NCL insists it is not about revenue but the additional charge is for our convenience to cut down on lines . They are always thinking of the customer . :rolleyes:

Any source on that one disembark?

I do hope NCL will honor the UBP on the island, I don't see why they would operate differently.

I do hope NCL will honor the UBP on the island, I don't see why they would operate differently.

Just a joke (I hope)regarding the disembark .;)

Not kidding about the drink plan .

Edited by richstowe

The simple reason as it stands now the bars on Harvest Caye are not owned and operated by NCL but Roatan based operation. No different then any other port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Just a joke (I hope)regarding the disembark .;)

Not kidding about the drink plan .

Hehe, ok ok :)

The simple reason as it stands now the bars on Harvest Caye are not owned and operated by NCL but Roatan based operation. No different then any other port.

I'm not sure where you are getting that from? It is a private island owned and run by NCL to the very best of my knowledge, totally developed by NCL. Even if NCL would have some sort of franchisers in the bars at HC it would not be like any other port as they would accept the pax' sea passes.

NCL.com even has words as "Dig up some fun on our new private island, Harvest Caye." as caption of some random vacation fun pics of the itineraries that call at HC.

Hehe, ok ok :)

I'm not sure where you are getting that from? It is a private island owned and run by NCL to the very best of my knowledge, totally developed by NCL. Even if NCL would have some sort of franchisers in the bars at HC it would not be like any other port as they would accept the pax' sea passes.

NCL.com even has words as "Dig up some fun on our new private island, Harvest Caye." as caption of some random vacation fun pics of the itineraries that call at HC.

I got from Andy Stuart on Thursday's webinar. Good enough source ?

I got from Andy Stuart on Thursday's webinar. Good enough source ?

Well thanks for sharing, but to me a private island with third parties/franchisers still isn't the same as any other port. :)

And well it might be wishful thinking I do expect cashless payments (sea pass) and some acceptance of the UBP. Without you might expect a constant flow of pax getting on and off the ship, carrying their beverages. But it wouldn't be the first for the new management on NCL to do a total revise on something.. ;)