Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

I called them this morning.It is on schedule to open mid November. I was told that if you have a drink package then it is included as well as a bbq.

I was also told that it will be like a resort atmosphere. I hope this helps.

There will be lots to do ,,,

This is great news! I- and so many others- were hoping for "included" food and beverage options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is great news! I- and so many others- were hoping for "included" food and beverage options.

Forums

I wouldn't get my hopes up. From NCL in writing, which seems to be more reliable than verbal over the phone.

In true Norwegian fashion, Harvest Caye will feature a myriad of dining and bar options, available à la carte. Guests will enjoy five dining and bar outlets that feature a variety of cuisines, including a two-story indoor/outdoor Landshark Bar & Grill. An expansion of Norwegian’s partnership with Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, the Landshark Bar & Grill is sure to be an island favorite, with a scenic upper deck and a swim-up pool bar for the ultimate way to enjoy a "boat drink". Those who want to indulge in authentic Belizean cuisine will be able to enjoy casual street style dining in the shopping village. Additional dining options will include the Laughing Bird Bar & Grill serving the beach, the Manatee Marina Bar & Grill in the marina, the Horse-Eye Jack Bar & Grill servicing the island’s cabanas as well as food and drink delivery throughout the pool area.

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-reveals-harvest-caye-experiences

I bolded the relevant part...available a la carte

Maybe it's going to be just like it is on the ship : a basic complimentary BBQ buffet with a basic NCL bar, surrounded by numerous specialty extra fee options, for our convenience...

I'm going next March too and I really hope that it's true that they will have at least one bar on land honoring the UBP. I would hate to have to go back on the ship to get my drinks or to have lunch...

Hopefully this will all come about before the Thanksgiving cruise. I'm sure the hurricane season may slow things down, depending on the storms this year. I like Belize City, so if we end up tendering there, that will be OK with me as well.

I called them this morning.It is on schedule to open mid November. I was told that if you have a drink package then it is included as well as a bbq.

I was also told that it will be like a resort atmosphere. I hope this helps.

There will be lots to do ,,,

I wouldn't count on free food or drink either on Harvest Caye. They took away the free Margaritaville and put a stop to bringing beverages on the ship to squeeze every penny they could so I just don't see them having anything free. Besides with their stock tanking they have to recover their costs of building this port some way. I would love to see free BBQ and drinks on my January Getaway cruise but have already lowered my expectations. I'm just hoping they have free loungers. Maybe the person on the phone was confusing it with Great Stirrup Cay. It's closing later this week and reopening late in October. They did have a free BBQ here. I would rely more on the printed information than what's given over the phone. You can call 3 different times and get 3 different answers and none of them correct.

• 2 weeks later...
Zip-lining is an excursion (49/$59). We'll likely follow your approach for our first visit - check out the port, possibly zip-lining for the aerial views.

41f7e0257dacec6bd8220f640fa8ce9c.jpg

This finally appeared as available for my 11/27 cruise. The price is now $79 adult and $69 child - up $20!

These must be the "Luxurious beachside cabanas that accommodate up to 10 guests and feature concierge food and beverage service, dedicated cabana bar, lounge chairs, private bathrooms and air conditioning."

Wonder how steep the price will be?

That looks pretty impressive! I recently saw that NCL's other private island is closing for improvements. We were just there, and thought it was very nice the way it was. NCL is really spending a lot of money on these projects. I hope they don't start veering more away from the regular island stops. I would miss the old itineraries.

That looks pretty impressive! I recently saw that NCL's other private island is closing for improvements. We were just there, and thought it was very nice the way it was. NCL is really spending a lot of money on these projects. I hope they don't start veering more away from the regular island stops. I would miss the old itineraries.

Seems that's exactly what they want to do. Keep the money in their pockets rather than the locals to the islands. Kinda sad. I like to cruise to be able to see the towns and do excursions not through the ship. You really wont have an option to do that on the "private islands".

These must be the "Luxurious beachside cabanas that accommodate up to 10 guests and feature concierge food and beverage service, dedicated cabana bar, lounge chairs, private bathrooms and air conditioning."

Wonder how steep the price will be?

Looks like 3 different sizes in the picture. One bonus - the kids have their own gravel pit/sand hill to play on. I wonder if there is a separate fee for that?

Is it just me, or it seems they have taken a natural habitat and made it into a Disney type resort. Personally, I think it is a crime what they are doing to this caye. Look at the cranes making fake beaches. This is not real. This is fake. In Belize, what is fantastic is exploring different ecosystems on different cayes and islands. I do understand the some love these types of places, but come on, be real. The Caribbean is slowly becoming Disney. But, I have to say that I am not a fan of Belize City, I wish they would of been a bit more creative and use the natural beauty as an asset. No just destroy it. I am not an tree hugger, but this is just crazy bad. Look at the before and after. Not what I understood was going to happen. For those that like this type of thing, enjoy. I would prefer to stay on the ship. Enjoy the quiet and peace of an empty ship. Cheers,

I wouldn't count on free food or drink either on Harvest Caye. They took away the free Margaritaville and put a stop to bringing beverages on the ship to squeeze every penny they could so I just don't see them having anything free. Besides with their stock tanking they have to recover their costs of building this port some way. I would love to see free BBQ and drinks on my January Getaway cruise but have already lowered my expectations. I'm just hoping they have free loungers. Maybe the person on the phone was confusing it with Great Stirrup Cay. It's closing later this week and reopening late in October. They did have a free BBQ here. I would rely more on the printed information than what's given over the phone. You can call 3 different times and get 3 different answers and none of them correct.

I needed to contact the concierge regarding dining or our 11/20 Jade cruise, so I asked about this too.

This was the response:

"Guest that has the Ultimate Beverage package can use at the Harvest Caye. We will provide lunch."

Is it just me, or it seems they have taken a natural habitat and made it into a Disney type resort. Personally, I think it is a crime what they are doing to this caye. Look at the cranes making fake beaches. This is not real. This is fake. In Belize, what is fantastic is exploring different ecosystems on different cayes and islands. I do understand the some love these types of places, but come on, be real. The Caribbean is slowly becoming Disney. But, I have to say that I am not a fan of Belize City, I wish they would of been a bit more creative and use the natural beauty as an asset. No just destroy it. I am not an tree hugger, but this is just crazy bad. Look at the before and after. Not what I understood was going to happen. For those that like this type of thing, enjoy. I would prefer to stay on the ship. Enjoy the quiet and peace of an empty ship. Cheers,

So,,,, when you show up to the cay, what would you expect. Sand and seaweed? Everyone weave a mat from palm frowns to sit on. Break open a coconut for refreshment?

Seems that's exactly what they want to do. Keep the money in their pockets rather than the locals to the islands. Kinda sad. I like to cruise to be able to see the towns and do excursions not through the ship. You really wont have an option to do that on the "private islands".

While the Caye is available, you still have the option of going to Belize City and putting money in the pockets of the locals.