Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

I thought I'd take another look at the Beach Front Cabana listing on the SHOREX page for my upcoming cruise on the Dawn here's what is says today:

"Need To Know:

Price listed is per cabana (not per person) therefore only one person needs to reserve the cabana. Cabana rental is good for up to 6 guests. Food and drinks are available for an additional charge. Harvest Cay has one wheelchair accessible cabana available for rent; to reserve this cabana please call 1.866.625.1167 (US & Canada), or 0845 201 8907 (UK guests). European guests can call +49 611 3607. We kindly request that only guests confined to a wheelchair reserve this space."

So it would seem that the UDP and UBP issue is still not clear one way or the other!

Edited by cmdchiefthom

I just booked an

Electric Float Boat shorex on Harvest Caye.

$40 for the two of us. One hour and we can hopefully see a few manatees and circumnavigate the island.

I have not seen this offered before on any shorex, much less harvest Caye.

Scanditaly

I just booked an

$40 for the two of us. One hour and we can hopefully see a few manatees and circumnavigate the island.

Scanditaly

Have you got any more details? Sounds interesting, was it available to book through my ncl?

Edited by SquishTheWhale

I just booked an

Scanditaly

do u have a link

https://www.ncl.com/shorex/229934921/30691162/shorex-detail/BPIN70

Electric Float Boat Adventure

DETAILS

hrs

Estimate Duration

With the push of a button you become the Captain of your adventure onboard your very own electric boat. Our soundless electric boat glides effortlessly and quietly through the water. Operating is as simple as choosing from forward and reverse speeds and moving a single hand-control to steer. Guests of all ages can enjoy this guided tour of Harvest Cay’s eco system.

The convoy will navigate through a narrow coastal waterway and circumnavigate Mangroves Island watching and listening for local birds and other wildlife. The silent engine provides excellent opportunity to truly enjoy the sounds of nature in this eco and family friendly excursion.

Bring your camera as you will be able to get some amazing shots of the ship and local wild life.

Need To Know:

Price is per water craft and not per person, so only one person in the party needs to book this tour. There is a maximum of 2 guests per water craft, driver and rider. Minimum age to drive is 16 years old with a valid driver’s license and must be accompanied by an adult rider. The maximum combined weight cannot exceed 550 lbs. Drivers cannot be switched. Sun cap; sunglasses; sunscreen; and insect repellant are recommended.

We are scheduled for Harvest Caye on December 14th and someone in our group received an email from NCL today canceling their excursion. Their email said the snorkeling, the sea trek & the reef ranger all were no longer available. I wonder why these are being cancelled?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are scheduled for Harvest Caye on December 14th and someone in our group received an email from NCL today canceling their excursion. Their email said the snorkeling, the sea trek & the reef ranger all were no longer available. I wonder why these are being cancelled?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe we won't be the first ship in there?

We're on the November 27 sailing and just got the same email. All of those excursions depart from a platform called the Ocean Explorer. The email says that that platform will not be ready.

It also mentioned other excursions still available, so hopefully we'll still get to make the stop.

Van

"7. ‘Ocean explorer snorkeling adventure’ Tour:

Tourists will be taken to a small island in the Caribbean Sea on a catamaran – no

information is provided on which island this entails. Around the island, tourists will be

free to snorkel and explore the reef system.

8. Ocean Explorer Sea-trek Tour:

Visitors are taken by boat to the Ocean Explorer Platform outside of the island and be

allowed to explore the marine system via a helmet diving experience."

I guess the helmet thing/underwater track byself isn't ready yet. Found the above in a master thesis from a student;http://dare.uva.nl/cgi/arno/show.cgi?fid=638628

Some more interesting news/facts from the same document;

"Tour operator company H2O Tierra will be in charge on NCL’s

inland tours, as they are already conducting those in Belize City for NCL. The company Discovery

Expeditions Belize will run marine tours around Harvest Caye (interview 24)."

Some bits about the tender process:

"The Placencia Tour Guide Cooperative (PTGC)

the PTGC will solely be in charge of tendering cruise passengers from Harvest Caye to the peninsula and has been given a one-year contract (interview 45)."

The mainland and independent tours:

"Along with the VC and PTGC, the BTB has set up a plan to construct bathroom facilities and a tour plaza for independent tour guides at Placencia cooperative property, near the Placencia pier where cruise tourists will be tendered off to (interview 38). Nevertheless, construction of these facilities will not be completed before November 2016, when the cruise port at Harvest Caye is scheduled to open."

The thesis takes some time to read.. heh. :)

I am trying to figure out if there will be any catamaran tours from Harvest Caye?

I saw one article that said there will be a marina on the island that will do these tours, but no one with NCL seems to be able to confirm it.

If not, anyone have any recommendations on a private tour company that might offer catamaran tours in that area?