Rooftop Terrace

MOcruiserman

Just off Summit today. Yesterday, I went to see the new rooftop terrace. Looked for a deck 12 elevator. The highest the elevators go is to deck 11. After getting to deck 11, you have to go outside and climb stairs to deck 12. As I opened the door to the outside deck 11, the wind was blowing so strongly that I went back inside. I never spoke to anyone who viewed a movie at the new venue. It is off limits to any person that is disabled. The Summit has lots of guests with walkers, canes, scooters, and walkers. It seems rather odd that they closed the deck 3 cinema and converted that space into cabins. Now they have an inaccessible movie venue with a cover charge. How lomg before they convert that area into more cabins?

There's a cover charge for the movie venue?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The area is not blocked off. I didn't see any of the crew but I left after only a couple of minutes so it's possible that a crew member might come by and insist that you pay. I don't see why anyone would pay for such an uncomfortable venue, but that's my opinion.

There's a cover charge for the movie venue?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No, there is no charge to watch a regular movie, or a sporting event such as the Kentucky Derby (Which was played Saturday afternoon into evening). The charge was for a Taste of Film. That's a concept in which they show a movie, with a food theme I would assume, and then serve dishes tied to the movie theme. We watched "The Hundred Foot Journey" and had a tasting menu of dished inspired by Indian and French cuisine. The charge was only $10 pp (As opposed to $12.95 if you wanted to watch a movie in your stateroom), but in the end I don't think the charge was on our final bill. Overall I thought the food was excellent.

Just off Summit today. Yesterday, I went to see the new rooftop terrace. Looked for a deck 12 elevator. The highest the elevators go is to deck 11. After getting to deck 11, you have to go outside and climb stairs to deck 12. As I opened the door to the outside deck 11, the wind was blowing so strongly that I went back inside. I never spoke to anyone who viewed a movie at the new venue. It is off limits to any person that is disabled. The Summit has lots of guests with walkers, canes, scooters, and walkers. It seems rather odd that they closed the deck 3 cinema and converted that space into cabins. Now they have an inaccessible movie venue with a cover charge. How lomg before they convert that area into more cabins?

Also, just off the Summit after two weeks of cruising. Yes, we found the Rooftop Terrace and actually went up one day. We could not see the picture well because of the sun and would never stay out there in the strong wind. On one side there is what looks like a wheelchair lift, so it is accessible to handicapped people. We just didn't think we could ever be up there for any length of time, even on port days.

We were on the April 9th cruise on the Summit and we loved this new venue. I guess we were lucky as the weather was fantastic. It was quite warm and there was no wind. There is an elevator/lift on the starboard side of the ship that will take disabled passengers up to deck 12 although I'm not sure whether it was ready for use yet. As for a cover charge, there was no charge to use this venue with the exception of the special event they held one evening. They do a movie and food pairing event and the cost for this was $10per person for the food. :)