Rooftop Terrace

MOcruiserman

I'm very curious about this since I'm going to be on the Summit in May, which will have this new feature added in its Feb-March refit.

I was on the RCCL Grandeur in October where the outdoor screen was used to play music videos and kids movies. Suffice it to say my wife and I did not find it the least bit appealing.

From what I've read the rooftop terrace in the Celebrity ships is geared more towards adults. Am I correct in this assumption?

Typing this from the terrace from the debut of "A Taste of Film". It is nowhere near the pool so no worries. If we didn't know it was here on Infinity vs Sunmit you'd have no idea.

e04b2f99e3a24911954fb97798c270b7.jpg

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by need2bespoiled

Is there elevator access to this new venue after the dry dock? Last January we went looking for the outdoor movie on a B2B on Summit and it was in an inaccessible sport court area. Strange location as they removed the accessible cinema inside and turned it into a meeting room.

I refuse to cruise on any ship that has those large outdoor movies. Remember the Apple Macintosh commercial where the young lady throws a sledge hammer through the computer screen. I would to that with the large outdoor screens if I though that I could get away with it.

Bad enough that they show horrible movies that you would never go to on land at night. However, they won't even turn them off during the day when you are at the pool.

DON

I refuse to cruise on any ship that has those large outdoor movies. Remember the Apple Macintosh commercial where the young lady throws a sledge hammer through the computer screen. I would to that with the large outdoor screens if I though that I could get away with it.

Bad enough that they show horrible movies that you would never go to on land at night. However, they won't even turn them off during the day when you are at the pool.

DON

Did you bother to read what I wrote? It is not at the pool. It was a NEW space, so no need to see it or even know it was there if you just cruise the way you once did. I never saw or heard it until I went up there.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I did enjoy the movie last night but was too cold to stay and listen to the live music after the film finished. Would I go again Yes but I would grab an extra blanket.

We _might_ try it again. Very right about it being cold, and I tried to dress for it. I think the food and to some extent the service was a total mess. I couldn't tell what I was eating, the only reason I partly knew was I had taken a picture of the menu, none was provided at the event. It was windy and eating with a fork, food got in my hair as I had to hold the box with one hand, and had nothing to tie my hair. Jello, out of a box, with a fork? The egg was downright nasty in this situation. Hopefully they improve it and they get some honest feedback. it needs to be easily edible finger food.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Typing this from the terrace from the debut of "A Taste of Film". It is nowhere near the pool so no worries. If we didn't know it was here on Infinity vs Sunmit you'd have no idea.

e04b2f99e3a24911954fb97798c270b7.jpg

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait till you get a cabin under it and want a quiet drink on your balcony. :mad:

Has anyone in one of the deck 11 Aqua cabins found that they have a noise issue when the Rooftop Terrace is in use? We have 1138 booked for Alaska in the spring - booked long before the Terrace was announced.

Is popcorn available?

We are in 1118 and have not heard a thing from the terrace. Do not know about popcorn, have not spent any time up there. It does not seem as nice a area as the promo photos to me. They have new outside stairs from the back of 11 up to the terrace but they seem very steep to me.

We are in 1118 and have not heard a thing from the terrace. Do not know about popcorn, have not spent any time up there. It does not seem as nice a area as the promo photos to me. They have new outside stairs from the back of 11 up to the terrace but they seem very steep to me.

We were in 1122 when the Summit was test-driving the concept in Bermuda last May and it was LOUD! :mad:

Unless you were deaf there is no way you could sit on the balcony for a quiet drink both nights we were in Port.

Oh No. We are in cabin 1122 on our May cruise. Anyone going to Alaska should not worry. I think it would be way too cold up on the Terrace at night.

We'll see. We're in those aft AQ cabins for a month this January and even though the Summit hasn't had the refit yet, I hope:

a) They don't run any more tests while we're aboard

b) They refit the system in a way that will keep the noise off those AQ prime spots.

• 4 months later...
We'll be on the Summit right after the retrofit. March 26 and we are in 1140 and I'll let you know about the noise. The whole area up there is under-utilized, so I'll keep an open mind.

Hi, I am on the Summit in September, cabin 1107, and the Infinity, cabin 1130 in May 2017. I saw your entry from before your cruise. Just wondering if you did have noise issues with the new rooftop terrace on your March cruise.

My email is joyslad@gmail if you want to answer to that.

Thank you.

Hi, I am on the Summit in September, cabin 1107, and the Infinity, cabin 1130 in May 2017. I saw your entry from before your cruise. Just wondering if you did have noise issues with the new rooftop terrace on your March cruise.

My email is joyslad@gmail if you want to answer to that.

Thank you.

We too have booked cabin 1107. I would really like to know if there are any noise issues, and if so how often do they show movies.

Gail

No popcorn. Good quality with movies and concerts. Very comfortable seats. I was on the 4/9 sailing and never found it crowded. Very loud so bring earplugs or headphones to decrease sound. Movies were pretty good. Star wars, the big short and others. Concert i saw was journey. Seemed to (finally) pander to the 40/50 yr old crowd 😎

We just finished the Summit were in 1128 right underneath the theatre. You could hear the movie or entertainment while on the balcony but not in the cabin. Overall no big deal and we enjoyed one of the movies up stairs and listening to the music while on the balcony

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just returned from our 7 day cruise to Bermuda on the Summit. Great ship and crew. Plus Captain Kate!!

My only issue is with the Rooftop Terrace. I tried to watch movies there twice and both times I felt it was too cold and windy.

There were quite a few people watching who I guess weren't bothered by the cold and wind. Three or four movies were shown, including the new Star Wars movie and the Heart of the Sea (both of which I wanted to see), JEM (which I had no interest in) and something else. There were at least two showings of each. I wish they would have also shown these movies in the theater so I could have seen them. On my previous cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas they showed movies on both the inside and outdoor screens.