Forget Harmony's Ultimate Abyss and Get Me Fast WiFi Fleet Wide!

most people do not want to pay an inflated price just to have items included that they will never use and would rather pay less as a base price and have the OPTION to purchase ancillary items IF THEY WANT.

You're right. No more free ice tea or coffee. Pay for the ice shows and musicals. Pay for room service no matter the time. Charge for the hot tubs and pools, not everyone uses them. After all why should things like that be built in to the cruise cost, let people pay if they want them.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: In fact some people eat a lot more than others everything should be ala carte to be fair. Maybe all that should be included is a room to sleep in.

Edited by bouhunter

You're right. No more free ice tea or coffee. Pay for the ice shows and musicals. Pay for room service no matter the time. Charge for the hot tubs and pools, not everyone uses them. After all why should things like that be built in to the cruise cost, let people pay if they want them.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: In fact some people eat a lot more than others everything should be ala carte to be fair. Maybe all that should be included is a room to sleep in.

Thank you..

Again, cost wise, I'm not sure how one can equate coffee to satellite based internet service.

Also, just because you want it so bad does not make it so wanted that everyone should pay for it.

If you want to have free wi-fi included, feel free to sail always on the Majesty once it gets it.

I equate coffee to satellite because it's something I don't want but I pay for it in the cruise fare. You don't want wifi, which is a personal choice that I have not knocked. I only said everyone values different things and because something is not a value to you doesn't mean it needs to be excluded.

In addition to the Majesty, wifi is an included amenity when the new suite program starts. This gives the impression that RC values complimentary wifi as something that others may want. Seems like anyone sailing in a suite on the Oasis and Anthem class after May 2016 is paying an inflated price for something for others. I guess suite sales will probably go down.

WiFi will eventually become a free perk for everyone in time -- the cruise lines are needing to target the Millennials and WiFi access allows them to Facebook/Instagram free advertising for the cruise company.

I figure it'll be another few years before someone in the industry goes free WiFi across the board, and the rest will suffer if they don't match it.

I can see it happening in steps, though: "Buy a drink package, get free WiFi" etc.

We will see, it sound to good from royal to give us free WIFI. They are not pretty good in using the word free that much. Most of the Millennials don't buy a drink package instead they share it

knittinggirl,

Quantum and Oasis Class already have high speed WiFi and as my teenage daughter commented: That´s fast than at home! And teenagers do think it´s a constiutional right to have WiFi access :D!

For the high speed internet they have to install a lot of new stuff which is mainly done during dry dock. They also have to get more satellites. It´s announced to come to all ships. So just be a little patient.

The current price of 15 USD/day is pretty reasonable. You pay a lot more in many hotels. For a 7 night cruise it´s 75 USD (minus our D voucher or 105 USD without any voucher).

I personally can live without being online (and I can live with slow connections as long as I don´t have to pay per minute). But my DH is operating several websites and is a free lancer so he needs to get online. Of course he´s pretty happy with the high speed internet.

steamboats