Ex-UK to Return in 2017?!?!?!

This would definitely suit me. I'm looking at P&O for this year at the minute but sailing from Newcastle is a real bonus.

Which port is it going to?

I'm looking at a cruise from Newcastle with FO this summer. We did it last year as no ex UK Thomson cruises and were quite impressed.

I checked out travelling to Tilbury and it is certainly not easy from the NE. :eek:

We did our Cruise Maritime Magellan mini cruise from Tilbury a couple of weeks ago, and didn't fancy crossing London to Fenchurch St for the Tilbury train, so went to Gravesend instead (easy walk Euston to St Pancras) and got a B&B there the night before. There is a ferry that drops you right in front of the cruise terminal, but it is dodgy if the ferry is cancelled. We shared a £60 taxi, but someone else got one for £35 and someone else found they put a reserve ferry on later. Ferry back was only £2 each - big difference. Would do Tilbury again though.

I'm looking at a cruise from Newcastle with FO this summer. We did it last year as no ex UK Thomson cruises and were quite impressed.

I checked out travelling to Tilbury and it is certainly not easy from the NE. :eek:

What about the beds,Jak? I had to google pullman and they don't look very impressive. I think there is more room if you can have a double. Also on all the photographs they are shown tidied away during the day. What if you want an afternoon nap.;):)

Next port were Thomson Celebration now is booked : Reykjavik 5 august 2017 :)

Perhaps also Isafordjur? Depending on which way round they tackle Iceland (coming from the East - NE or Harwich?) and 'do' some of Norway they might also have Torshavn as a possible port. That's charming too and you berth right in town. Lovely.

Or might it be from Liverpool pulling in Ireland - or round the UK with a detour to Iceland? Have you any idea of how Iceland might fit into the possible itinerary options?

All very interesting though. Thanks for the research - I await further details with anticipation!

P. S. Is it one or two days in Reykjavik? Good port for an overnight.

Perhaps also Isafordjur? Depending on which way round they tackle Iceland (coming from the East - NE or Harwich?) and 'do' some of Norway they might also have Torshavn as a possible port. That's charming too and you berth right in town. Lovely.

Or might it be from Liverpool pulling in Ireland - or round the UK with a detour to Iceland? Have you any idea of how Iceland might fit into the possible itinerary options?

All very interesting though. Thanks for the research - I await further details with anticipation!

Thomson Celebration visit Akureyri 03.08.17 ( 08:00 - 18:00 ) and Reykjavik 04.08.17 ( 08:00 - 18:00 ) i dont know if she visit Isafjorur..time will show :) I will keep update you as soon i find new ports were she is booked ;)

Thomson Celebration visit Akureyri 03.08.17 ( 08:00 - 18:00 ) and Reykjavik 04.08.17 ( 08:00 - 18:00 ) i dont know if she visit Isafjorur..time will show :) I will keep update you as soon i find new ports were she is booked ;)

We did Reykjavik, Akureyri and Isafordjur in Iceland as well as about 4 Norwegian ports and loved it so much went the next year which only did Reykjavik but had an overnight there. We did one of the 'big' tours the first time in Reykjavik to see the impressive waterfalls at Godafoss, the geysers and the national park (all spectacular) so had no time to see the city itself. The next time we had two days in Reykjavik so spent a leisurely day exploring the city (lovely!) then the next day went to the Blue Lagoon to swim. Fabulous country and so different from other places we'd been to. I'd definitely like to go back.

Look forward to your updates. ;)

I spent ages looking round What's in Port and Akureyri was the only one I found yesterday. I was checking all the Fire and Ice ports. Great to know they are coming in now. Wonder where she will be departing from. We went from Harwich a couple of years ago.

Embarking / disembarking from Greenock would be great for a change.

When cruising from the Canaries, passengers can join their cruise in Tenerife or Gran Canaria. If Thomson can do this in the Canaries, why can't they have passengers join their cruise in one southern port and one Scottish port ?

If Fred and other cruise lines can do it why can't Thomson ?

Embarking / disembarking from Greenock would be great for a change.

When cruising from the Canaries, passengers can join their cruise in Tenerife or Gran Canaria. If Thomson can do this in the Canaries, why can't they have passengers join their cruise in one southern port and one Scottish port ?

If Fred and other cruise lines can do it why can't Thomson ?

That sounds like a really good idea nancyneptune. Just need the movers and shakers at head office to realise what a good marketing ploy that would be!

Perhaps if they do a round Britain cruise, they could pick up in several places. I wish they went from Southampton. Harwich is such an awkward place to get to.

Wishful thinking I expect :rolleyes:

You beat me to it Linda. Include Newcastle as well and then we could all meet up!! 😎

What about the beds,Jak? I had to google pullman and they don't look very impressive. I think there is more room if you can have a double. Also on all the photographs they are shown tidied away during the day. What if you want an afternoon nap.;):)

We had twin beds on Boudicca, Category D. I knew from the photos that the cabin was quite small but after a day I got used to it. There was plenty of storage. Not sure what you mean about Pullman .....is that an extra pull down bed? Would be too cramped for me.

Perhaps if they do a round Britain cruise, they could pick up in several places. .

Wishful thinking I expect :rolleyes:

Not really possible/practical unless you are doing a continual round britain itinary for weeks at a time.

I saw in one of my earlier post i write wrong date. The right is Akureyri 3 august 2017 and Reykjavik 5 august.... So maybe im wrong but then its possible Thomson Celebration visit Isafjordur august 4?

We had twin beds on Boudicca, Category D. I knew from the photos that the cabin was quite small but after a day I got used to it. There was plenty of storage. Not sure what you mean about Pullman .....is that an extra pull down bed? Would be too cramped for me.

Thanks, Jak.

As it's all about the scenery in Norway we thought we would like to have a balcony. Freds were sold out so we have booked with P&O.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone.

Here is latest news.....

Newcastle : 12.09 - 12.08 - 12.06 - 10.06

Can't quite work that out - surely they're not going to be doing a month's cruise if it's a departure port? Ie out 12/8 & return 12/9? Maybe it's a couple of round Britain cruises stopping off in Newcastle?

Can't quite work that out - surely they're not going to be doing a month's cruise if it's a departure port? Ie out 12/8 & return 12/9? Maybe it's a couple of round Britain cruises stopping off in Newcastle?

10.06 arrive Newcastle from Flåm

13.06 arrive Flåm from Newcastle

12.08 arrive Newcastle from Flåm

13.09 arrive Flåm from Newcastle

This is what i have found out.... maybe in between there will be use other UK ports for turn around?

10.06 arrive Newcastle from Flåm

13.06 arrive Flåm from Newcastle

12.08 arrive Newcastle from Flåm

13.09 arrive Flåm from Newcastle

This is what i have found out.... maybe in between there will be use other UK ports for turn around?

Try Harwich, they used to split sailings between there and Newcastle.