Ex-UK to Return in 2017?!?!?!

Well it looks like it. Celebration has been booked into a Norwegian port a few times in 2017.

Celebration was the only ship I haven't seen listed anywhere else, so it does seem legit.

Anything else that I find, I'll let you know! Exciting!!...

Thanks for the heads up will keep checking your posts

Yippee!!!

They'll have to compete with Fred though now we have all got used to ships names beginning with 'B'.

Malc.

I'll have to confess - I think my preference ex-Uk would be Fred now; the staff are equally as friendly with excellent service; there seem to more of them in the bars & restaurants & you never have to wait for a drink & the last 2 Fred Crusies I have been on the entertainment had been definitely as good as Thomson. Food on the Fred Olsen is superior too! Thomson will have to offer a reasonable drink package & offer a better bar service if they are to compete with Fred!

Edited by Julessmiles

I'll have to confess - I think my preference ex-Uk would be Fred now; the staff are equally as friendly with excellent service; there seem to more of them in the bars & restaurants & you never have to wait for a drink & the last 2 Fred Crusies I have been on the entertainment had been definitely as good as Thomson. Food on the Fred Olsen is superior too! Thomson will have to offer a reasonable drink package & offer a better bar service if they are to compete with Fred!

Sadly, I have to agree with Julie. Fred's food is fabulous :)

Have a great party night on Marco Polo Julie.

I would travel on both Thomson and FO if they were going from Newcastle.

Only done one Fred cruise and the food was much better than Thomson. The problem I have found with Thomson food is that it is not consistent, both between the different ships but also on the same ship in the same year.

You've pre-empted the question I was going to ask of Sailaway.

Are there any clues as to which port(s) Thomsons would operate from in the UK ?

I heard they binned Newcastle due to high fees last time.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Only done one Fred cruise and the food was much better than Thomson. The problem I have found with Thomson food is that it is not consistent, both between the different ships but also on the same ship in the same year.

Hi jakanne1 you have fred,s Balmoral all year from 21st may till 27th aug hope this help,s ;)

Hi jakanne1 you have fred,s Balmoral all year from 21st may till 27th aug hope this help,s ;)

Yes, I know thanks. Had an excellent Baltic cruise with Fred in September but nothing from Newcastle next year really appeals at the times we can go. :(

No idea at the minute. Although, if they can make it work financially I'd be surprised if they didn't return to Newcastle for half the season as it was a way of having a niche from P&O and Celebrity.

Enjoy the Marco Polo Julie. We have just got back from 3 nights on CMV Magellan and had a fantastic time. Loved the layout of the bar areas, and we were upgraded to an outside cabin with picture window. Loads of room. Some things similar, some different and we thought more like Fred than Thomson, but a very enjoyable experience, and wanting ex UK we would be happy to go on another.

Edited by gillhalfpint

Leith or Rosyth would tempt me. Otherwise we will stick with Fred

[quote name=

I heard they binned Newcastle due to high fees last time.[/quote]

The port of tyne pilotage fees alone are over £3000 per turnaround, then you have the fee per passenger for berthing, then all the hordes of port workers (maybe a lot would be better described as attendees) to pay for, i would imagine that it is an expensive day.

Enjoy the Marco Polo Julie. We have just got back from 3 nights on CMV Magellan and had a fantastic time. Loved the layout of the bar areas, and we were upgraded to an outside cabin with picture window. Loads of room. Some things similar, some different and we thought more like Fred than Thomson, but a very enjoyable experience, and wanting ex UK we would be happy to go on another.

Just back from the Marco Polo (party night)

Had a fabulous time. She's a lovely traditional small ship. Entertainment was great - good to see Ross Roberts onboard as CD. Food was lovely & service very attentive. Cabins were nice - we saw quite a few as they had some open for people to look around. Really enjoyed ourselves & I would certainly consider sailing with them.

Just back from the Marco Polo (party night)

Had a fabulous time. She's a lovely traditional small ship. Entertainment was great - good to see Ross Roberts onboard as CD. Food was lovely & service very attentive. Cabins were nice - we saw quite a few as they had some open for people to look around. Really enjoyed ourselves & I would certainly consider sailing with them.

Thanks for that feedback Jules. It's good to get a feel for how other ships compare.

• 2 weeks later...
Well it looks like it. Celebration has been booked into a Norwegian port a few times in 2017.

Celebration was the only ship I haven't seen listed anywhere else, so it does seem legit.

Anything else that I find, I'll let you know! Exciting!!...

This would definitely suit me. I'm looking at P&O for this year at the minute but sailing from Newcastle is a real bonus.

Which port is it going to?