Self Service Laundry

collector

Where are you planning to use this clothes line? You can't use it on the balcony so scratch that idea. And, the cost for the machines is $3.00 US, not $4.00 each. I can't imagine doing 2 loads of wash a day! I don't do that at home. One, someplace mid-cruise, should be sufficient.

Maureen

Due to a medical problem, I usually need to do at least 1 load of laundry per day, and prefer-because of the problem, to do it myself-clothing from Embarkation will be freshened up using my Suite Perk of Laundry, so I have a smart outfit for Disembarkation. I may be on holidays, but it's Remembrance Day here, so will be attending the Dawn Service with my cousin before embarking, and want to dress appropriately. Casual gear for day wear though. :D

I'm going to my State Capital for 3 nights at a hotel, so will need to use the washer and dryer there-allowing $4 per wash and dry per day, then I have 3 nights with my cousins and may be able to use the outside clothesline depending on the weather but if I need to use the dryer I intend to offer what I'd pay at the Laundromat at home, then 3 nights on the cruise where I will need to wash once, and then at the hotel in Melbourne-what I couldn't do aboard, and wash and dry before I check out of the hotel to fly home.

Same experience on both the Regal and the Ruby. I guess it all depends on how much you throw in the dryer at one time. Oh yeah, and possibly what heat setting you use. :confused:

I have found that if the dryer does not dry in one cycle that you can pick up the phone in the laundry room and have a "mechanic" come by; they will use their magic key and pop open the box and hit the reset to give you another cycle to get it dry. I do two loads (light/dark) mid-cruise and usually they are fine w/ one dryer cycle (on high) but occasionally the dryers are not up to speed in which case I will call for a "jump start."

Very true, you can give it to them anytime but it doesn't mean that they'll get to the laundry room any faster.

On all of our cruises in a suite we have never had our clothes back any later than the next day. Maybe we have been lucky, but it is true of all of our cruises. So as long as that happens, I don't care how fast they get to the laundry room.:):)