Celebrity PRICE DROP. Anything I can do?

cruise4parents

You have absolutely nothing to loose by making a phone call. Can I suggest you consider the rooms above the level you have booked and consider what you would pay to upgrade? Sometimes although discounts or OBC can not be accommodated an upgrade for minimal cost can. Do your homework before calling and then come back on and let us know!

Good Luck!

Looks like you are after final payment so a refund or OBC is highly unlikely. Your best bet may be to see if there is a small price difference between what you booked and a higher category- eg booked a veranda and now a Aqua is $25 more. You can pay the difference and move to the higher category. Also the prices after final payment often do not include any perks you may have received when you booked.

Think of it like an airplane ticket- once you booked if the prices drops shortly before your flight you don't get a refund or credit.

nothing to do. It is after final payment date.

Disagree completely. If you cruise a bit then Celebrity will likely become a bit more generous. Absolutely give them a call and ask. Second is the difference of the price drop greater than the deposit (full amount) you paid. Look at the cost to cancel versus the cost of rebooking. Last, ask for a cabin in a higher grade. Cost to X is very small and often they will do this to keep you happy.

I have had X offer to reduce the price and keep 1/2 our deposit, move us from a veranda to AQ cabin with additional OBC and reduce the price the 3 times this happened to us. Last, remember you sere willing to pay the original price.

With Southwest you get a credit. It just happened to me.

I stand corrected regarding SW. We fly AA, DL, UA. We find Southwest more expensive, at least if flying out of Dallas. So it has probably been 10 years since we have flown them.

nothing to do. It is after final payment date.

Definitely incorrect. The same happened to us earlier this year, about a month after final payment the price dropped. I contacted our TA and we received $500 refund not obc. It obviously helped that we had two future cruises booked but then not yet paid.

Get your TA do their job, thats what they are there for........ !