Move over offer questions

just hooked

Hi I have been offered a move over offer as below question is is the free cruise

Still counted towards cruise credits and why would the refund not include taxes,fees and port expenses.

100% of cruise fare back (as refundable onboard credit)

* Free cruise up to seven nights

* Air change fees covered up to $150 per person (Princess Air protected)

*Please note, cruise fare refund excludes Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses.

Hi I have been offered a move over offer as below question is is the free cruise

Still counted towards cruise credits and why would the refund not include taxes,fees and port expenses.

Normally, the fees and port expenses are refunded by check or a credit to your credit card, and not as OBC on a future cruise. Can't comment on taxes. I would verify directly with Princess or the T.A.

I would certainly give this a good study.

If you're asking whether the cruise you're not taking will count toward cruise credits, I would think no. Only the cruises that you actually take (board the ship). It's the same if for some reason you have to skip a cruise at the last minute. You don't get a refund and you don't get credit for a cruise toward the Captain's Circle reward program, even though you have paid for the trip.

I hope the OP hasn't hesitated to accept if interested .

These offers move on to others until they quickly get the numbers they need.

We were offered a move over the day before our first Princess cruise. A full refund of our fare and an upgrade from the lowest category to a balcony if we postpone our sailing for a few weeks. We didn't have a flight (just a 50 mile drive to the port) nor hotel to be concerned about changing. For several reasons we turned it down and boarded the next day.

A couple of cruises ago, we got a 50 per cent refund offer, but the main reason we didn't take it was that the only time we could go was for our sailing.

Whether a cruise is free or you paid a fortune, if you sailed on the cruise, you get the cruise credit(s). A couple of years ago, Princess offered a lot of 3- and 4-day cruises and literally couldn't give them away. They offered 100% credit of what you paid applied towards a future cruise if you booked and sailed, essentially making these free cruises. Lots of people booked B2B's. Everyone got their cruise credits. There are now a lot fewer 3- and 4-day cruises. :)