Question about onboard credit

rafinmd

There is something I am wondering about after perusing the Seabourn forum. The luxury lines are all inclusive and tipping is generally not encouraged, but many passengers will show their appreciation with a donation to the crew welfare fund. Seabourn has recently decreed that non-refundable OBC cannot be used for such donations.

On my upcoming Cunard cruises I have more OBC than I can easily use. I had been thinking of using some of that OBC to adjust the gratuities upwards. I'm now wondering if I will be allowed to use my OBC to increase the daily service charge. Does anybody know?

Thanks

Roy

There is something I am wondering about after perusing the Seabourn forum. The luxury lines are all inclusive and tipping is generally not encouraged, but many passengers will show their appreciation with a donation to the crew welfare fund. Seabourn has recently decreed that non-refundable OBC cannot be used for such donations.

On my upcoming Cunard cruises I have more OBC than I can easily use. I had been thinking of using some of that OBC to adjust the gratuities upwards. I'm now wondering if I will be allowed to use my OBC to increase the daily service charge. Does anybody know?

Thanks

Roy

Yes you can do that if you wish.

Ways to earn OBC's for a cruise that you already booked:

1)Keep monitoring Cunard for Sales that include OBC from now until Final.

2)Apply for Carnival Corp Shareholder OBC

3)Apply for Military OBC

4)Within a time frame ,transfer your booking to a TA who will give you OBC

Ways to earn OBC's for a cruise that you have not yet booked:

1)Book with a TA who may give you OBC

2)Book a Cunard Sale that includes OBC and monitor Sales until Final

3)Book into a TA's Group that gives you OBC as a Group Amenity

4)Book a Future Cruise onboard your next Cunard cruise.

5)Apply for Carnival Corp Shareholder OBC

6)Apply for Military OBC

Edited by MCC retired

You also earn OBC if you book while aboard.

We booked an inside tonight for a 2016 crossing and was given $200 per passenger in addition to $100 military veteran credit. Closer to the cruise I'll submit paperwork for $100 CCL shareholder credit.

From past experience I believe Balcony bookings receive $300 per passenger and probably higher credit for suites.

When the booking is received by my TA he'll probably lower the fare and/or award some additional OBC. I think typically its been a fare reduction but no Credit.

Edited by Underwatr

Just to point out that to receive OBC, you don't have to actually book a voyage while on board. You can just leave a future cruise deposit of £50 in the case of UK passengers and book the cruise any time up to one year.

The amount of the deposit and the time in which to book the cruise differs from country to country.

I had $750 of OBC courtesy of the 250th sailing promo (which I had to cancel my original booking for and then re-book when they announced it) which gave me $250 and then an extra $500 which Cunard were kind enough to give me as a courtesy because my $2,300 cabin was being sold for $1,000 immediately pre-cruise.

I still managed to burn through all but $20 of it and I didn't make any special effort. It's nice that you think of the crew, but I'd suggest not doing any upcharge on the gratuity until the end of your cruise.

Edited by Winchester Ranger

As a first time cruiser-to-be next summer (two TA's scheduled), I am wondering how OBC's are obtained. I think I am ignorant and missing something which could add greatly to my Cunard experience!!

if you go down the road of Buying a Cunard Cruise Credit, then that Credit is only applicable to some of their fares. It is not applicable if you have to pay the full balance at time of booking !

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/FCD

Edited by Pennbank