Greece,Turkey

Hawaiidan

Disney has joined Celeb,Coata,and I think NCL too in cancel of all ports in Greece and Turkey... as of yesterday for 2016... There is a hint Malta may be next

Interesting as the world takes stock of a deteriorating world situation

While the attitude of many Is "I am not going to let world problems and islamic radicals stop me" It has for these big ship lines....

Celebrity have not pulled out of Greece and Turkey. They've cancelled some stops in Istanbul because of terminal construction and replaced it with more stops in Greece. Disney is a family cruise line with one ship in the med. They probably think that a western med cruise is more appealing to families.

Disney has pulled 100%our of Turkey and Greece... they announced this to the public and investors.

There are other lines too.....and a posting on the "general" fourm here on Cruise critic....

Going to the mid-east appears to be a deadmans hand

I'm not seeing any indication that NCL has pulled out of Greece. So you're wrong on Celebrity who is still going to both Turkey and Greece and you're wrong on NCL who are still going to Greece. Where did you get this completely false information? Costa still has Greece on the itineraries too. This thread is ridiculous.

Edited by Cruise Junky

I'm not seeing any indication that NCL has pulled out of Greece. So you're wrong on Celebrity who is still going to both Turkey and Greece and you're wrong on NCL who are still going to Greece. Where did you get this completely false information? Costa still has Greece on the itineraries too. This thread is ridiculous.

Agree. Disney has ONE ship in Europe. My understanding from the discussion on the general board, they flipped ONE planned cruise from Eastern Med to Western Med.

3 days ago it was published here on the general cruise critic info withan attached article Itsaid Disney was joinng Costa,Celeb in pulling out and NCl was limiting turkey ...

I suggest you read.....or have someone with that skill set assist in that quest.

Here's a website where you can find which ships are in various ports. I've linked Istanbul:

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-istanbul-turkey.html

Just press on a date to see which ships are there. You can do the same for various Greek and Turkish ports on this site.

Here is the CC article:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6718

Costa was a 2015 thing, Celebrity is still embarking in Istanbul...but no overnights. Disney changed one itinerary.

Edited by buggins0402