Anthem of the seas cabins 6600 & 6602 obstructed balcony - any info?

Spike5556

We booked the obstructed view balcony cabins 6600 & 6602. It was an economical choice for our family of 5 to travel in a connecting room with a balcony. I understand there will be a 50% obstructed view, but I wondered if anyone with experience can comment in detail as to what we can expect. Anyone stay in these cabins?? I cannot find pics or videos of these specific rooms. Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Have a look at this photo of Quantum (should be the same as Anthem?) and use the deck plans to count cabins. I just did (although fairly superficially) and I think 6600 and 6602 might be obstructed by one of the lifeboat supports? :( I'm not sure by how much, though. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think it should be much easier for customers to find out this type of information when we are booking. I mean, which 50% is blocked. Straight down? The centre 50% so you get a view around the periphery? It's not like these holidays are cheap! Good luck! :)

We were on deck 6 where the 2 lifeboats meet at the back of the ship but I can't remember the cabin number and aren't at home now to check.... The upright supports were directly in front of our balcony so not only could we not look down at the sea we also had restricted outward view because of the supports. Having said that, we were in a guarantee balcony category, which was cheaper than the Virtual balcony inside cabin, and we were on our favourite place in the world .... a cruise ship! :)

• 2 years later...
We booked the obstructed view balcony cabins 6600 & 6602. It was an economical choice for our family of 5 to travel in a connecting room with a balcony. I understand there will be a 50% obstructed view, but I wondered if anyone with experience can comment in detail as to what we can expect. Anyone stay in these cabins?? I cannot find pics or videos of these specific rooms. Thank you!

Hello. we are looking at these exact two rooms. Do you remember any noise issues? thanks

op - have you tried googling the ship and cabin #. I just did and pics of 6600 are out there. Sometimes (but not this time) you're even lucky enough to find Youtube videos.

Also, try searching the Royal board here on cc. ob cabins have been a frequent topic of conversation since Quantum debuted in 2014. There are several lengthy threads containing pics and diagrams for most of deck 6. Didn't check but you might even find a review of the cabin.

op - have you tried googling the ship and cabin #. I just did and pics of 6600 are out there. Sometimes (but not this time) you're even lucky enough to find Youtube videos.

Also, try searching the Royal board here on cc. ob cabins have been a frequent topic of conversation since Quantum debuted in 2014. There are several lengthy threads containing pics and diagrams for most of deck 6. Didn't check but you might even find a review of the cabin.

The original post is two and a half years old. The poster probably is not going to need that advice.

Hello. we are looking at these exact two rooms. Do you remember any noise issues? thanks

There is no "reason" for there to be noise issues for those rooms. You are under a deck of cabins, and the area below you is the specialty restaurant, Wonderland.

Hi. why would connecting cabins concern you? we are planning on booking both cabins.

thanks

Connecting cabins have a noise issue where as the sound from one comes into the other. If your booking connecting cabins the noise from one should not be of concern. The obstructed view is the lifeboats that come up to the level of the railing. If it is the two steel mounts for the lifeboat the view is blocked well above the railing. Some cabins far aft that are above Jamie's look right down through the clear outside roof and you can see people at their tables having lunch or dinner. Move up to 7 to have a clear view.

Hi. why would connecting cabins concern you? we are planning on booking both cabins.

thanks

Sorry - I thought you were looking at these cabins to book just one. The original OP clearly stated that they booked two cabins.

These are connecting cabins which would concern me more than amount of obstruction.

Quantum class connecting balcony cabins have the connecting doors just inside of the entrance doors thus are in between the bathroom walls section so are not right in the cabin like on some other class of ships. We've had connecting cabins twice on Anthem and had no problem with noise from the connecting cabin. See shot below of open connecting doors which are two in between to reduce noise.

anthemConnectingDoor02.jpg.ea6bb1bad91b761be3bdfe1f2b14d76c.jpg

• 3 months later...