Refresh my memory. Elite status and other travelers

leisuretraveler223

Haven's sailed Celebrity in a while. Diamond on RCI, so Elite on Celebrity. Traveling with a companion who has never cruised. Am I correct she gets my Elite benefits as well? Have two other couples traveling but not on the same reservation. They do not get the benefits, correct?

The benefit is for all the loyal passengers who keep sailing with Celebrity not for all their friends and family.

The benefit is for all the loyal passengers who keep sailing with Celebrity not for all their friends and family.
This may make sense, but it does not track Celebrity policy. While Royal Caribbean does not extend Lounge privileges to cabin mates, Celebrity does. Leisuretraveler 223 is correct that cabin mates are welcome in the Elite Lounge, people in other cabins are not.

This may make sense, but it does not track Celebrity policy. While Royal Caribbean does not extend Lounge privileges to cabin mates, Celebrity does. Leisuretraveler 223 is correct that cabin mates are welcome in the Elite Lounge, people in other cabins are not.

Is the lounge policy on RCL the same on all their ships or subject to the Concierge? We often cruise with daughter (45). Are both Elite/Diamond. Concierge gladly let daughter into lounge on last cruise and her ship pass opened the door. Did they make an exception or a mistake?

just wondering

Is the lounge policy on RCL the same on all their ships or subject to the Concierge? We often cruise with daughter (45). Are both Elite/Diamond. Concierge gladly let daughter into lounge on last cruise and her ship pass opened the door. Did they make an exception or a mistake?
The official RCI policy is that you must be Diamond to use the Diamond Lounge. Implementation of this corporate policy is pretty much whatever the Concierge decides. If there are plenty of available seats, no one really cares. If someone who is Diamond can't find a place to sit, expect complaints to be directed at the Concierge, and perhaps further up the management chain. If I interpret correctly your daughter is not Diamond, and her card should not have opened the Lounge door, but consistency is not a strong suit of RCI.

As frequently comes up in these conversations, there is no Elite Lounge on Celebrity.

Sometimes the Elites get vouchers for drinks, sometimes the happy hour event is in the front lounge up on top. But there is no dedicated Elite Lounge like there is on Royal.

As frequently comes up in these conversations, there is no Elite Lounge on Celebrity.

Sometimes the Elites get vouchers for drinks, sometimes the happy hour event is in the front lounge up on top. But there is no dedicated Elite Lounge like there is on Royal.

Also to add to the above, they check cards at the entrance of the lounge where they hold the Happy Hour.

Also to add to the above, they check cards at the entrance of the lounge where they hold the Happy Hour.
You can see the Captain's Club host/ess to get a special card for your non-Elite cabin mate that will admit him/her to Elite events.

Thanks for the replies. Don't really care about the Elite lounge (if it were to exist) or the drink vouchers. Not a fan of the concierge or diamond lounges on RCI either. Feels like hanging out in an airport lounge and I do that enough for work!

Mostly thinking about check-in. Do they have a separate check in line for Elite? If so, I assume the same policy would be in place? My roommate could use it, but not our friends on an unlinked reservation. Correct?

Thanks for the replies. Don't really care about the Elite lounge (if it were to exist) or the drink vouchers. Not a fan of the concierge or diamond lounges on RCI either. Feels like hanging out in an airport lounge and I do that enough for work!

Mostly thinking about check-in. Do they have a separate check in line for Elite? If so, I assume the same policy would be in place? My roommate could use it, but not our friends on an unlinked reservation. Correct?

They have a priority check in line for Elite (same line might include Select). It might save a minute. I think priority check in for Elite is not that much of a perk. I have had friends who were in the regular line who finished check in before I did. The Elite Cocktail hours in the evening and the morning Coffee Break are real perks. They certainly don't feel like an airport lounge on Celebrity. They have them in beautiful locations. Like the Sky Lounge on Silhouette for the cocktails and Tuscan Grill for the coffee break. Also the internet minutes/discount. And the laundry items.

(I don't think the RCI Diamond Lounges I have been in feel like Airport lounges)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

The Elite Cocktail hours in the evening and the morning Coffee Break are real perks. They certainly don't feel like an airport lounge on Celebrity. They have them in beautiful locations. Like the Sky Lounge on Silhouette for the cocktails and Tuscan Grill for the coffee break. Also the internet minutes/discount. And the laundry items.

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out and see if they are more to my liking. The concierge club on the Freedom Class ships was very disappointing to me. Interior windowless room, crowded, small bar with limited selections and a warming tray of munchies. I guess I just didn't get the appeal. Here I was on this big amazing ship with beautiful lounges and bars all over the place, and I was crowded in a fairly unremarkable space that really reminded me of a tired Delta SkyClub...

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out and see if they are more to my liking. The concierge club on the Freedom Class ships was very disappointing to me. Interior windowless room, crowded, small bar with limited selections and a warming tray of munchies. I guess I just didn't get the appeal. Here I was on this big amazing ship with beautiful lounges and bars all over the place, and I was crowded in a fairly unremarkable space that really reminded me of a tired Delta SkyClub...

Both locations on Silhouette have windows. They are not special purpose rooms, they are regular lounges or the specialty restaurant which are reserved at specific times for the Elite events. We always sat by the windows.

The Diamond Club on the Oasis Class ships has windows.

Edited by Charles4515

Both locations on Silhouette have windows. They are not special purpose rooms, they are regular lounges or the specialty restaurant which are reserved at specific times for the Elite events. We always sat by the windows.

The Diamond Club on the Oasis Class ships has windows.

That sounds much better. I liked the room for the concierge club on Oasis, I believe they have moved the Diamond Club. It used to be just above the promenade. And while it was nice to sit there and look out, once you were in the room, it wasn't anything special.

My other issue with them on RCI is I felt they were all so cramped. Even the two level concierge club on Oasis had chairs and tables jammed right next to each other.

That sounds much better. I liked the room for the concierge club on Oasis, I believe they have moved the Diamond Club. It used to be just above the promenade. And while it was nice to sit there and look out, once you were in the room, it wasn't anything special.

My other issue with them on RCI is I felt they were all so cramped. Even the two level concierge club on Oasis had chairs and tables jammed right next to each other.

Yes, the Diamond Club on Oasis is now in the two level space that used to be the Concierge Club. The old space above the promenade was made into cabins. But also you don't have to go to the Diamond Club for drinks. They give out three vouchers now that you can use in most bars and lounges so the Diamond Club was never crowded.

Edited by Charles4515