New Princess Beds

raider23

So they don't have the two that are pushed together?

You can request the two singles to be pushed together or have them separate. We just disembarked from the Emerald that has the new beds and bed linen. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows and bed linen.

I measured one of the new mattresses. It was 36 inches wide so two together would be the same as a King size. The mattress overhung the bed base by more than an inch so maybe the new mattresses are a little bit wider than the old ones. The bed base has a couple of upside-down U-shaped pieces of metal attached (welded?) to the frame that kept the mattress from sliding off. Otherwise it could be very interesting ;).

Edited by Aus Traveller

• 2 weeks later...

Just came off of the Crown and was surprised to find the new beds in all 3 of our balcony cabins. I was expecting the usual sunken in mattress. What a huge difference! No back aches and they were so comfortable I slept in almost every morning which is rare for me. Hopefully they keep rolling them out sooner than scheduled [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Hi Does anyone know if any new beds have been rolled out on the Golden Princess? We sail in June 2017, it looks like now that it may not be until October 2017.

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess and Sun Princess and will debut on board Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Pacific Princess (May 2017), Golden Princess (Oct 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Regal Princess (Apr 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Island Princess (Apr 2018). Please note this schedule is subject to change.

link

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/?utm_campaign=PE5MS116B_US&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua&utm_source=BRAND&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=SHIPNEWS&utm_content=PE5MS116B_516B&elqTrackId=734e06f27e4643edbe4d3579ef6119a0&elq=9120d8c5c237408e845577e8e8812bc4&elqCampaignId=1345&elqaid=1475&elqat=1

cheers

Maureen

Hi Does anyone know if any new beds have been rolled out on the Golden Princess? We sail in June 2017, it looks like now that it may not be until October 2017.

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess and Sun Princess and will debut on board Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Pacific Princess (May 2017), Golden Princess (Oct 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Regal Princess (Apr 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Island Princess (Apr 2018). Please note this schedule is subject to change.

link

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/?utm_campaign=PE5MS116B_US&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua&utm_source=BRAND&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=SHIPNEWS&utm_content=PE5MS116B_516B&elqTrackId=734e06f27e4643edbe4d3579ef6119a0&elq=9120d8c5c237408e845577e8e8812bc4&elqCampaignId=1345&elqaid=1475&elqat=1

cheers

Maureen

If this schedule holds, we might have the dregs of old mattresses on the Island for Jan-Mar, 2018. Won't hesitate to ask a bad one to be swapped out. We've only had a bad mattress once and housekeeping was happy to swap in a replacement and it was fine.

• 4 months later...

Quote: "Island Princess (Apr 2018)"

If this is true I feel sorry for the cruisers in the room we just left. Was on the Island the first part of May and I had to stick a pillow on my side of the bed so I didn't roll into the crater that continued to the edge of the bed. The edge of the right hand side of the bed was almost completely collapsed. I did find the sweet spot of the bed right in the middle, which is where I ended up sleeping. Hubby's side was okay, it was just my side.

Was on the Emerald in February and we had the new beds, they were nice. Looking forward to the new beds in Club Class in June.

It was reported that the Emerald had the new beds installed during the recent drydock to add SHARE. I wonder if the Ruby also had them installed?

The Ruby has them and they are wonderful.

Hmm, Well we just got the new Mattress installation on the Golden princess, they are the same as the old ones, only not as used because clearly they are new. Same labels, same everything, Don't get too excited.

Hmm, Well we just got the new Mattress installation on the Golden princess, they are the same as the old ones, only not as used because clearly they are new. Same labels, same everything, Don't get too excited.

Could this really be? Princess has made such a big deal about their new beds; why would they not install them?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Could this really be? Princess has made such a big deal about their new beds; why would they not install them?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Oh they're not terrible and it's nice to have a new bed on a ship, just saying they look the same as the older ones, labels etc etc. It's a good thing that they change them, but maybe the old bed were also "luxury"? Idk, I spent 38 nights in this room and it was nice to be the 1st on a new bed.