Xbox on Epic

sheila59

At least on the dawn, you can change the input with the buttons on the tv. But, in order for the Xbox to work with most games you need Internet. I'm not sure if the Internet on the ship would handle it. Also remember you have to pay for Internet minutes.

At least on the dawn, you can change the input with the buttons on the tv. But, in order for the Xbox to work with most games you need Internet. I'm not sure if the Internet on the ship would handle it. Also remember you have to pay for Internet minutes.

we have an xbox, but it's not connected to the web (our Wii u is for some reason though) unless you're playing live (like playing call of duty online with people around the world) you don't need to be online.

Well I won't judge as some will, but there are solutions. Hand held pre loaded game on a tablet would work. When we take our 3 year old son on Breakaway in October you better believe we will have the videos he likes preloaded on his tablet.

At least on the dawn, you can change the input with the buttons on the tv.

As long as you are not playing a connected game, you should be fine (assuming Mariojmtz is correct about being able to change the input). I've never encountered a tv when traveling...where the input couldn't be changed.

If the Xbox makes the kids vacation better, I say take it. After all, it is a vacation.....and vacations are about doing what you enjoy.....whether others agree or not. This is your vacation. Ignore the forum ninjas who think they know better than you about how to enjoy your vacation.

As long as you are not playing a connected game, you should be fine (assuming Mariojmtz is correct about being able to change the input). I've never encountered a tv when traveling...where the input couldn't be changed.

If the Xbox makes the kids vacation better, I say take it. After all, it is a vacation.....and vacations are about doing what you enjoy.....whether others agree or not. This is your vacation. Ignore the forum ninjas who think they know better than you about how to enjoy your vacation.

Well said... to each their own!:)

Successfully connected both XBox and laptop on Star and Epic. Component or HDMI, take all cables just in case.

Good point about taking more than one method of connection! Also, it might be a good idea to take a power strip or one of those outlet things that turns a single into 3 outlets.

The OP didn't ask for opinions. She asked a simple question. That's what's wrong with this world nowadays, people think they can run your life better than you. People need to learn to mind their own dam business.

I could not agree more.

The OP didn't ask for opinions. She asked a simple question. That's what's wrong with this world nowadays, people think they can run your life better than you. People need to learn to mind their own dam business.

It's a public forum...

Naw. She got opinions. Expecting otherwise is ....... foolish.

And..... she got good advice.......

You won't be able to change the input, at least not easily. I brought a universal remote last time, even tried a universal remote app. Couldn't figure out the right code. Sole is the brand of TV and it's only used in the cruise industry as far as I know.

Don't know if the Sole brand HDTV on the Epic are using locking RG59 BNC connector for its cable input, my recollection of similar system used on the GEM is that the input source is firmware locked and not changeable even with a premium (Logitech Harmony) universal remote, as it is unique & specific to the hospitality sector. The video signal is feed accordingly over coaxial wiring.

On the *Away class ship, the video signal is fed with a HDMI signal and if you can disconnect it - you can substitute your own HDMI signal and get it to work with your own "box" (whatever it is ... which I did, successfully on the BA)

If OP really "must" bring the Xbox along and the setup will run & work in the offline mode - I highly recommend packing your own 22" HDTV monitor, and something like a TP-Link or Edimax nano travel router (run mine with Chromecast for presentation over WiFi signal on the "road") Pack everything securely with protective bubble wrappings - in a 22" carry-on as hand luggage. Good luck & don't forget extension cords, etc. :D