Go best unlimited internet usage

MR_T

Hi All,

I seem to remember (rightly or wrongly) when the go best promo was introduced that the unlimited internet was only available in the icafe onboard? Can anyone that's has had this perk confirm or not if this is the case or is it available anywhere on the ship on any device?

We do get the elite free minutes but the best option only works out around $40 each per week so would be worth it to me should we be able to use it anywhere onboard like normal... If you can call the Internet onboard normal... [emoji23]

Thanks in advance [emoji4]

We had the go best promo on our 11 night EQ cruise a few weeks ago and we used the internet all the time until we left the ship. On our balcony, in our cabin, in all public areas etc.

So I guess you should be able to do the same :-)

Thanks, that's great [emoji4]

Tony, I haven't used unlimited internet on Celebrity, only Royal and Azamara, but am pretty certain you can use your own device and are not tied to the ship workstations.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

You can use internet anywhere but the speed varies from place to place. I often find that it decreases the further away from the corridor you are and, again is dependant on cabin location. One irritating limitation with the Internet is that you can only have one device logged in at a time. In the days of phone, iPad and iPod all using one connection, thus can be a pain.

Don't expect a fast connection where ever you are, and depending where the ship is effect the connection speed. When we were Scandinavia and Asia it was awful. Even with the unlimited minutes often took 20 minutes to connect and then it would drop the connection.

I tend to do either transatlantic or Caribbean cruises... And to be honest I've always found the Internet to be ok! Yes it's slow etc but I've always found it to meet my expectations considering where I am & the fact I'm on a ship with up to 4000+- people on it...

You can use internet anywhere but the speed varies from place to place. I often find that it decreases the further away from the corridor you are and, again is dependant on cabin location. One irritating limitation with the Internet is that you can only have one device logged in at a time. In the days of phone, iPad and iPod all using one connection, thus can be a pain.

Oh no! A new possibility of Internet "hogging." If we forget to log out on one device Celebrity gave us the opportunity to log out of that device, so we could log into the new device. IMO it is a great system. No reason to take up more than on log in at a time.😀😄

Now if Celebrity could just plant a device that would only allow you to sit in one seat at a time that would be super. Warning- "You must remove your stuff from the XXX chair before you can sit down."

Question: Does the restriction of one login at a time apply to the cabin or just to a single passenger. In other words can my husband and I have separate logins and therefore both be on our tablets at the same time? Or do we have to take turns? I can see where that could be a problem[emoji35]

We had a login per person. Otherwise there would have been trouble in paradise, in our case, the Carribbean. And I have to agree with what somebody said further up: the connection there was totally ok, considering we were in the middle of the ocean. I uploaded dozens of pics each day (in small groups of 5 each, but nevertheless...).

Question: Does the restriction of one login at a time apply to the cabin or just to a single passenger. In other words can my husband and I have separate logins and therefore both be on our tablets at the same time? Or do we have to take turns? I can see where that could be a problem[emoji35]

You get one log in for each Internet package. Therefore if you each purchase or each sign up using your free coupon then you will each have a log-in.

If you have a "timed" internet package, you can log in from multiple devices at the same time. You will just use up your minutes faster. But you can't do that with an unlimited package since you could give your login to everyone on the ship! [emoji1]

That wouldn't generate much revenue for Celebrity!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have a "timed" internet package, you can log in from multiple devices at the same time.

Are you sure about this? I am not sure why anyone would ever do this, but I cannot say that I ever tried. I just would not think,the same log it would be able to support two different devices at the same time. I assume you hav done this?

One of the thing that I really liked about the unlimited was not having to worry if I forgot to log out.

Are you sure about this? I am not sure why anyone would ever do this, but I cannot say that I ever tried. I just would not think,the same log it would be able to support two different devices at the same time. I assume you hav done this?

One of the thing that I really liked about the unlimited was not having to worry if I forgot to log out.

Not sure if I tried this or not, but that's what we were told. Would make sense since timed is timed.

But maybe someone else has tried this and could comment.

I had "Timed" internet package on silhouette last week (Free elite plus minutes"

Only 1 device signed in at a time was allowed. Daughter tried to sign into my account while I was on (I was waiting the required 5 minutes to get any page to load) and it wouldn't let her sign on.

I had "Timed" internet package on silhouette last week (Free elite plus minutes"

Only 1 device signed in at a time was allowed. Daughter tried to sign into my account while I was on (I was waiting the required 5 minutes to get any page to load) and it wouldn't let her sign on.

Interesting. My wife & I had an unlimited internet package on two recent cruises (Equinox), and if the other person tried to log in, they simply received a message that the other person would be logged off automatically. That allowed us to keep one device logged in (such as my iPhone while strolling around the ship), but allowed the other person to log in when needed, and no need to ask the other to log out.

That is the way I would expect it to work.

Interesting. My wife & I had an unlimited internet package on two recent cruises (Equinox), and if the other person tried to log in, they simply received a message that the other person would be logged off automatically. That allowed us to keep one device logged in (such as my iPhone while strolling around the ship), but allowed the other person to log in when needed, and no need to ask the other to log out.

Yes, that is exactly how the unlimited worked for me. I just did not make a habit of walking around with one of my devices logged it. I thought it might somehow make it slower for others when I was not actually using it.