Bad reviews of Freedom

bbiggar

All the recent reviews of the Freedom of the Seas sound bad. I hope we didn't make a mistake booking this cruise in January. We sailed the Independence last January and other than the no so great food the rest of the trip was great. Any comments to relieve my worries would be great. (Pertaining mainly to not so friendly service and dirty chairs to sit on is my main concern.)

Serenade had some negative reviews posted in the weeks leading up to our fall TA and we had a great cruise.:D

Sailed on Freedom 3x, we've always had a wonderful time. Service, cleanliness and even food :D were all good.

I've found it best to not put too much weight on reviews.

Sherri:)

I agree.

We loved the Freedom.

Nice size ship - friendly staff and more than enough to do.

Relax, I am sure you will have a great time.

Enjoy, we did the two times we sailed her.

Edited by Lionesss

We were on the Freedom in October. My wife and I had the exact same complaint, which was the way they moved food around in the Windjammer to make it appear they had a bigger variety of food than they did.

If you got in the same line every morning for breakfast it would appear the food was changing, but it really wasn't they were just moving it around. Every morning I had to chase down the pork sausage and the plain pancakes.

That's really the only bad thing I could say about our cruise, and that's not really much of a complaint at all.

i don't rely to much on complaints, my husband & I judge for ourselves. Where some may dislike certain things about their cruise, you will find many more who had a great time. We tend to judge our cruises based upon the Ports we visited and friends we meet. While our evening meals have always been very good, sometimes in the WJ, our breakfast as not been.

We have been on Freedom many times, since that is our favorite ship! I was on three weeks in October and have one week booked end of January back on Freedom. I don't usually even read reviews, because of so much negativity. I have enjoyed all my cruises, and plan on enjoy many more. Don't worry about the small things......you're on a fantastic vacation on a cruise ship! Would you rather be at home/work?;)

49 days until our 4th time on the Freedom. I can hardly wait. We are building a house and moving to central Florida this summer. I am sad that Freedom is moving from Port Canaveral since that will only be 90 miles from our new home. I would continue booking this ship since we have only had positive experiences. Of course we always see grumpy people complaining about everything. You have to make it fun and have fun with the people working on the ship and they will have fun with you. The help always goes above and beyond for us because we are friendly to them. Any day that I don't have to cook and clean is a great day. Enjoy your trip.

Freedom class is a favourite class for many not a huge ship but still very big with lots if not all the amenities(ok no seapkex and no zip lines). Had originally booked Christmas this year on freedom but had to change, if you search in the freedom forum would find a review from April? Of 2015 ckrobyn is the OP and has a great review with lots of pics was a huge thread for 'live' cruise reviews

All the recent reviews of the Freedom of the Seas sound bad. I hope we didn't make a mistake booking this cruise in January. We sailed the Independence last January and other than the no so great food the rest of the trip was great. Any comments to relieve my worries would be great. (Pertaining mainly to not so friendly service and dirty chairs to sit on is my main concern.)

Just arrived home from FOS for a Christmas cruise and let me ease your mind it was a great cruise everything went great from the food in the dinning room and the specialty restaurants we attended. The crew were very and friendly the ship was in pretty good shape. I know theirs been some talk about mattress being really hard but we found ours to be very soft. We had a promenade room which was small but OK. Don't worry you'll have a great cruise.

Everyone's reviews are subjective. We were in the Freedom in September and had a great time. Our only negative was Rahul in CL. That was our only downfall! Enjoy and have fun!

May I ask about Rahul - now I am worried......we are in a GS and expect great customer service

I have not seen any bad reviews, I've seen some nice ones......

I think as long as your travel friends are nice people and share their cabana with you; you'll have a great time :p

We loved the Freedom and the Independence! Every time before we leave for a cruise I read all the reviews on Cruise Critic and immediately start to panic because they are all bad. But every time we end up having an amazing cruise and always wonder how people complain so much. I've never had a bad cruise and never really had any issues on a cruise.

Freedom was my first cruise and started my addiction ;) She is a beautiful, clean ship with so much fun stuff to do. Our food was amazing and I would definitely sail on her again.

We were in a GS in August. Not impressed with Rahul personally! Felt he catered to passengers he already knew than assisting suite guests. Never felt welcome in Concierge Lounge! Will not pay the money for a GS again! Loved the suite but not worth the additional money over a JS! Will book a JS in August this year!

May I ask about Rahul - now I am worried......we are in a GS and expect great customer service

On our first night of cruise, hubby and I went into the lounge and drank two glasses on wine within 2 hours. My husband has hearing issues from the military and is loud. He accused him of being drunk and cut him off for 24 hours. My husband is 6'2" 220 pounds. 2 glasses of wine in 2 hours will not even get him a buzz. Needless to say, I found out shortly thereafter that they cut me off as well since I was married to him. When we filed a complaint and the officers agreed he was not intoxicated it is impossible to get it lifted. We were not happy! Rahul never apologized to us so we kind of avoided him and hung up at the diamond lounge.

We were in a GS in August. Not impressed with Rahul personally! Felt he catered to passengers he already knew than assisting suite guests. Never felt welcome in Concierge Lounge! Will not pay the money for a GS again! Loved the suite but not worth the additional money over a JS! Will book a JS in August this year!

Interesting - we had a GS on IOS last January and loved Raj - he was the reason we booked a GS again.......lets hope Rahul was just having a bad week ;)

thanks

On our first night of cruise, hubby and I went into the lounge and drank two glasses on wine within 2 hours. My husband has hearing issues from the military and is loud. He accused him of being drunk and cut him off for 24 hours. My husband is 6'2" 220 pounds. 2 glasses of wine in 2 hours will not even get him a buzz. Needless to say, I found out shortly thereafter that they cut me off as well since I was married to him. When we filed a complaint and the officers agreed he was not intoxicated it is impossible to get it lifted. We were not happy! Rahul never apologized to us so we kind of avoided him and hung up at the diamond lounge.

Oh wow - I've been in the lounge before with loud obnoxious people and have never seen anyone cut off - not saying you were, just an observation.

I would have demanded an apology - Im not a difficult person but if you mess with my vacation, we may have a problem.

The mgmt team really made up for his unprofessionalism. We were happy with the outcome. I'm sure he paid the price. Another gentlemen was thrown out the same night for bringing in a glass of water from the windjammer. True story!

OMG - that's crazy.......