Bad reviews of Freedom

bbiggar

I have not seen any bad reviews, I've seen some nice ones......

I think as long as your travel friends are nice people and share their cabana with you; you'll have a great time :p

The reviews in the review section here on CC had many bad reviews the past month.

I'm sure my friends are going to be great keeping me entertained so I don't notice anything bad if that is the case. They are very nice sharing the cabana as well.

Sorry I have you stressing now about Raual or whatever his name is. :eek:

We love the FOS and are sailing on it again in Feb. we have never encountered any staff member being rude, they always say 'hi' and are friendly. The only complaint I have is nobody is in charge of enforcing the deck rules e.g. Towels cannot be left on sunloungers for longer than 40mins unaccompanied. I have seen towels left all afternoon and nobody using the lounger :(

We loved the Freedom and the Independence! Every time before we leave for a cruise I read all the reviews on Cruise Critic and immediately start to panic because they are all bad. But every time we end up having an amazing cruise and always wonder how people complain so much. I've never had a bad cruise and never really had any issues on a cruise.

Freedom was my first cruise and started my addiction ;) She is a beautiful, clean ship with so much fun stuff to do. Our food was amazing and I would definitely sail on her again.

That's it, if you don't have any issues you have a different perspective then someone who has issues. If you keep cruising you will have issues. However if they are corrected or handled correctly you leave the ship happy if not, not so much.

All the recent reviews of the Freedom of the Seas sound bad. I hope we didn't make a mistake booking this cruise in January. We sailed the Independence last January and other than the no so great food the rest of the trip was great. Any comments to relieve my worries would be great. (Pertaining mainly to not so friendly service and dirty chairs to sit on is my main concern.)

All the reviews? There are a few bad on almost every ship. I will say I booked Freedom for last spring because how much I enjoyed it the cruise before and it didn't disappoint. Well, there was the Chicken Cordon Bleu in the main dining room one night, but other than that!

All the reviews? There are a few bad on almost every ship. I will say I booked Freedom for last spring because how much I enjoyed it the cruise before and it didn't disappoint. Well, there was the Chicken Cordon Bleu in the main dining room one night, but other than that!

How was the celebration of the big CC anniversary? Wow 10 years?? I'm sure you are doing something very special for 10 years of membership to cruise critic.

We were in a GS in August. Not impressed with Rahul personally! Felt he catered to passengers he already knew than assisting suite guests. Never felt welcome in Concierge Lounge! Will not pay the money for a GS again! Loved the suite but not worth the additional money over a JS! Will book a JS in August this year!

Love Rahul, maybe we are some of the folks he likes. Or maybe it's because we're not as needy as some folks

We love the FOS and are sailing on it again in Feb. we have never encountered any staff member being rude, they always say 'hi' and are friendly. The only complaint I have is nobody is in charge of enforcing the deck rules e.g. Towels cannot be left on sunloungers for longer than 40mins unaccompanied. I have seen towels left all afternoon and nobody using the lounger :(

All you have to do is ask the pool attendants to clear the towels. I have seen them noting the length of non use as well

This was our first cruise with Royal Caribbean and had booked our own excursions and handled our own reservations but the first impression even at the cruise terminal lounge was not impressive of Rahul with new passengers. Rahual definitely caters to the frequent cruisers and his loyal followers.

We were on the freedom at the end of sept in a grand suite. It was our first time on the this ship and thought it was fantastic. Food was good waiters were fantastic never waited over a few seconds to be waited on. We thought Rahul was wonderful and very pleasant to deal with. We went in to introduce ourselves to him and he was busy so we decided to come back later. He tracked us down before we went back to introduce himself to us. That went a long way with us. Now we can't say anything good about the diamond concierge. She was very rude to us and our friends ever time we went in there. Did not like her at all

I don't read reviews here. I can faithfully say that IMO, Freedom of the Seas is not the same experience she was in 2012 though. Nothing I would consider "bad" at all, just mediocre in all aspects compared to three years ago which was fantastic. Could have been an "off" week.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by ryano

Thanks everyone, no more review reading for me. I will be enjoying my cruise in a week with great people I know and may even meet new friends.:)

Enjoy your cruise! We have sailed Freedom 2x and have had 2 great cruises with nothing but great times!

The reviews in the review section here on CC had many bad reviews the past month.

I'm sure my friends are going to be great keeping me entertained so I don't notice anything bad if that is the case. They are very nice sharing the cabana as well.

Sorry I have you stressing now about Raual or whatever his name is. :eek:

I read the reviews......lets just hope our experience is completely different, if not we'll just have fun and book another cruise line next year ;)

I just came off her for their Christmas cruise. We also sailed her two years ago in March.

On this cruise we moved to Emerald level. No big deal, but they actually forgot to invite us to the C&A event as well. I found the ship busier than the last time, but it was Christmas [emoji3]

I would say the MDR staff was wonderful as well as dinner. Wonderful choices every night.

Deck patrol was in full effect kicking out parent with young kids out of the Solarium all week and removing towels.

Great cruise. We love Freedom class.

We love the Freedom. We were on the sailing with Colorado Babe. I am only sad that she is going to be moved to Ft Lauderdale. I also wasn't a Rahul fan. Maybe it was just this sailing, but he wasn't the friendliest and really struck some people wrong.

We love the Freedom. We were on the sailing with Colorado Babe. I am only sad that she is going to be moved to Ft Lauderdale. I also wasn't a Rahul fan. Maybe it was just this sailing, but he wasn't the friendliest and really struck some people wrong.

You know every story has two or three sides, and 10 people can have 12 opinions of the same person/event. It just seems to me that if someone was as awful as CB has implied, why is he still in that position.

Happy New Year everyone.

You know every story has two or three sides, and 10 people can have 12 opinions of the same person/event. It just seems to me that if someone was as awful as CB has implied, why is he still in that position.

Happy New Year everyone.

I agree to a point. From my experience, I know there are people working on the ships that have constant negative complains put on their surveys by cruiser and those people still continue to hold positions. Sometimes, it is as simple as their spouse is working on the ship that protects them.

I do know that I saw Colorado Babe and her husband as they were being cut off that night, and neither one showed any signs of intoxication. I don't even know if he had drank anything yet.

I agree to a point. From my experience, I know there are people working on the ships that have constant negative complains put on their surveys by cruiser and those people still continue to hold positions. Sometimes, it is as simple as their spouse is working on the ship that protects them.

I do know that I saw Colorado Babe and her husband as they were being cut off that night, and neither one showed any signs of intoxication. I don't even know if he had drank anything yet.

I guess I should be upset with the Freedom CL team. Apparently I am now required to make Peach Martinis tomorrow night. :eek:

Absolutely, the more the merrier. And no $1,000 cover charge. Experimenting with several peace vodkas. Should have decent fireworks on the beach as well.

Dang, we were just in Florida on Sunday. Would have been an easy drive from Tampa.

I have cruised on the Freedom of the Seas 15 times just got off from a cruise in December and I have never ever had a bad experience on the Freedom. Don't believe what other folks write. You are going to love your cruise. I hate to see the Freedom leave Port Canaveral at the end of October 2016 and go to Ft Lauderdale.

Have a great cruise. I know you are going to love it.....

I have cruised on the Freedom of the Seas 15 times just got off from a cruise in December and I have never ever had a bad experience on the Freedom. Don't believe what other folks write. You are going to love your cruise. I hate to see the Freedom leave Port Canaveral at the end of October 2016 and go to Ft Lauderdale.

Have a great cruise. I know you are going to love it.....