Sending Luggage Ahead?

BenMurphy

Yes thats the Train... its goes through wonderful coast, wine, farms lakes mountains, its 2 days one night....

While many suggest touring Seattle, I strongly suggest a day trip to Mount Rainer NatlPark its 85 miles south of Seattle...and since your going toAlaska to seek natural beauty , this would blow you away from end of July to October .

The wild flowers are the finest natural display in the US ( according to John Muir) with green lush meadows coming right up to stunning glaciers and 10,000 ft walls of rock and ice...

Ranger led free walks and talks, wonderful foot paths.... The flower/glacier/forest combo is more dramatic than Alaska or Glacier NP... Paradise visitor center and Sunrise Visitor center will astound you.......Rainier has 26 massive active glaciers... and is 14,000 ft and towers over Seattle.

You can see cities and harbors and they are ok....this is an emotional experience.Oh, at Paradise is the Paradise INN..a classic rustic national park lodge........ It would be the frosting on your natural history of America tour.

Cheers and all the best

Thanks for all that! I don't think that a visit to Rainer will be an option this time,as OH doesn't drive and I don't really want to drive abroad.

We did a land tour of Mt Rainer and that coast of Canada some years ago and I still think that out of all the places we have visited that it is the most "Awesome"

Cheers!

Josie

Hi Josie,

We used Luggage Forward on our last Oceania cruise. They shipped from our home in Florida to the ship in Barcelona. Service was excellent, our suitcase appeared in our room on Riviera even before the luggage that we had surrendered at the port. Like you, we were traveling before our cruise and didn't want to haul a large suitcase on trains. We saved some money by carrying our extra 50 lb suitcase back on the plane with us after the cruise--the airline surcharge for an extra bag was much less than Luggage Forward to ship back home.

Enjoy your trip,

Lynn

Hi Josie,

We used Luggage Forward on our last Oceania cruise. They shipped from our home in Florida to the ship in Barcelona. Service was excellent, our suitcase appeared in our room on Riviera even before the luggage that we had surrendered at the port. Like you, we were traveling before our cruise and didn't want to haul a large suitcase on trains. We saved some money by carrying our extra 50 lb suitcase back on the plane with us after the cruise--the airline surcharge for an extra bag was much less than Luggage Forward to ship back home.

Enjoy your trip,

Lynn

In todays world, you should have credit cards that allow you to carry up to e bags.... priority board, expedite security and even club lounge access....for no charge., other than the annual fee which is chump change for what you get.......... I cant remember ever paying for bags domestic or intl. Do some research....an make out .

A few years ago we took a cruise that began in Singapore. Since we were flying to Hong Kong for a few days and then onto Singapore, we shipped most of our luggage via federal express to the hotel in Singapore. It arrived hefore we did and was notified by fed ex that it was delivered to our Singapore hotel who stored it for us. Great plan!!!

My husband and I have used Luggage Forward twice, both one way. The first was in 2014 on Riviera Barcelona/Miami TA. The second in June of 2015 on Insignia's Los Angeles/ Miami Transit of the Panama Canal. We live on South Beach, thus one way. We were very pleased with the service. On both occasions, we took advantage of an available sale. WE felt the price was fair. Our bags arrived on time and in good condition. Our next cruise, the April TA from Miami to Barcelona starts twenty minutes from our home, and the next on Regent is round trip Miami. However, we will certainly Use Luggage Forward in the future when it makes sense. Enjoy Alaska.

Mary

Edited by warburg

• 2 weeks later...

We have used LuggageFree three times: once to Marina in New York (from Denver), once to Miami for Insignia cancelled cruise post-fire, and most recently to Barcelona. Flawless arrangements every time, including a very prompt return from the cancelled cruise. Domestic cost us less than $200; Barcelona about $350, all including extra insurance. There's nothing like just pulling a carryon on, and finding your big bag, wrapped in plastic and spotless, sitting outside your stateroom when you arrive. We take the most economical service, which does require advance packing, but the delivery back home has all three times arrived earlier than quoted. Won't do it any other way for a cruise, ever again.

Edited by LesSails80435

Hi All

Once we have finalised our hotels/flights etc I aim to get some quotes from :

Luggage Free /Luggage Forward and Fed Ex.

Only need one way Manchester-----Seattle as we're not breaking the journey on the return leg.

Don't know if we should ship to our hotel in Seattle or to Regatta

Thanks for all the advice and sharing your experiences.

Regards,

Josie

I would ship to hotel. The ship is only in port for 1 day, a stationary target is much easier to hit.

LuggageFree has always notified us when our bag is in the hands of their agent, and each time it has been at least one day ahead of delivery to the ship. I'd prefer not to deal with the big bag at the hotel. I think they build in extra time for contingencies, which results in an early pickup.

LuggageFree has always notified us when our bag is in the hands of their agent, and each time it has been at least one day ahead of delivery to the ship. I'd prefer not to deal with the big bag at the hotel. I think they build in extra time for contingencies, which results in an early pickup.

Hi

thanks for the advice. These are all questions to ask when we decide on a carrier.

Other questions regard customs etc as we are shipping from UK.

regards

Josie

Hi

thanks for the advice. These are all questions to ask when we decide on a carrier.

Other questions regard customs etc as we are shipping from UK.

regards

Josie

LuggageFree handled customs in Barcelona. All we had to provide (in advance) was a passport image and an itemized list of contents.

I would ship to hotel. The ship is only in port for 1 day, a stationary target is much easier to hit.

I disagree..I always send it to the ship, the whole point is not to have to deal with it at all until we are on the ship..I have sent to ship each time and it was wonderful.

Jancruz1