Finding Stingray City tour at port

jtdlmc

Last time we were in Georgetown I remember seeing lots of tours you could purchase at the port for much cheaper than we paid in advance. Looking for recommendations and prices from those who have done this for any Stingray City tours.

Last time we were in Georgetown I remember seeing lots of tours you could purchase at the port for much cheaper than we paid in advance. Looking for recommendations and prices from those who have done this for any Stingray City tours.

I just did that. Walked into Captain Marvin's storefront office across the street from the tender docks at the Waterfront Center Building and booked a two hour excursion that did Stingray City and a snorkel stop at a reef. Cost was $40.

I was hoping we would be able to do this! How many people did his tour take at a time?

About 15. That is less than will be on the cruise line excursions to Stingray City. Also it is a smaller boat. The smaller number on the boat means everyone gets to hold a stingray, feed a stingray and kiss a stingray.

Edited by Charles4515

About 15. That is less than will be on the cruise line excursions to Stingray City. Also it is a smaller boat. The smaller number on the boat means everyone gets to hold a stingray, feed a stingray and kiss a stingray.

Thanks for responding! I would assume that Capt Marvin must have several boats if you can walk right in and arrange a tour with that few people on it.

Thanks for responding! I would assume that Capt Marvin must have several boats if you can walk right in and arrange a tour with that few people on it.

At least two boats. During the week they do a three stop excursion that leaves at 10:00 am (Stingray City and two reefs) and the 11:15 two stop excursion (Stingray City and one reef). They also have afternoon times.

There is no guarantee of walk in space although there was plenty of walk ins the day we went. We decided on the spur of the moment. We had done Grand Cayman and also Stingray City before so were not concerned about winging it. If you are sure you want to do Stingray City with Captain Marvin you can reserve in advance on their web site to guarantee space. There are also other independent tour operators who take reservations in advance or who sell tours from the dock entrances.