Crown Princess - Alternative Shower Options?

epaul78

New to Princess and currently booked in an inside stateroom on the Crown - from what I can tell, the shower situation is less than ideal - very small stall with a fabric shower curtain. I am not a fan of the "Superman cape" shower curtain in the bathroom. Can anyone tell me if there is another option for showers onboard?

For example, some other cruise lines offer the option of a spa day pass that includes access to large showers, is this the case on the Crown?

Thanks in advance!

Melissa

Yes, Crown has nice showers in the spa area. I used one of those showers today. They are actually publicly accessible, tho' most who use them have a spa pass or treatment. There are both a steam room and a sauna in that area also, free to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First you are giving away our secret. Shame! :rolleyes:

On the sun deck forward is the spa and fitness center. Beside the Lotus spa pool are the male and female changing rooms with showers, hot sauna and steam room and they are free. Just walk past the desk at the spa entrance and they will be off to your left. You do not have to check in, schedule or pay anything to use the changing rooms, fitness center or pool. Towels, body wash and shampoo are provided free. They have a changing bench and lockers for your use as well as a separate bathroom.

On the sun deck forward is the spa and fitness center. Beside the Lotus spa pool are the male and female changing rooms with showers, hot sauna and steam room and they are free. Just walk past the desk at the spa entrance and they will be off to your left. You do not have to check in, schedule or pay anything to use the changing rooms, fitness center or pool. Towels, body wash and shampoo are provided free. They have a changing bench and lockers for your use as well as a separate bathroom.

THANK YOU! I've made a note for my cruise in November. It will be far easier to dry off, and change back into daywear, even if I don't feel safe in the shower-sailing in a Handicapped Accessible Window Suite due to balance problems, I upgraded from a Balcony Stateroom to enjoy the Suite Perks as a Belated 50th Birthday Present to myself. I have a waterproof cooler bag I can use for the wet swimsuit and towels-already put that on the packing list for shopping pre-cruise. Multi-tasking to the max!

THANK YOU! I've made a note for my cruise in November. It will be far easier to dry off, and change back into daywear, even if I don't feel safe in the shower-sailing in a Handicapped Accessible Window Suite due to balance problems, I upgraded from a Balcony Stateroom to enjoy the Suite Perks as a Belated 50th Birthday Present to myself. I have a waterproof cooler bag I can use for the wet swimsuit and towels-already put that on the packing list for shopping pre-cruise. Multi-tasking to the max!

Note that in your H/C Accessible suite shower you will have a full set of rails as well as a pull down chair. There is also an emergency "pull cord" in the bathroom (reachable from Shower). It will be a very large shower and offers many opportunities to stabilize yourself.

The showers in the spa, while large, do not offer either the rails or the seat. What you will have is the potential to have more people nearby in case you needed to call (verbally) for help.

You might be pleasantly surprised to see how amenable your in cabin shower will be for your needs.

This is also the closest bathroom to the adult lotus pool and sanctuary area. Just drop down from the sport deck to the pool, go in the door to the right and turn right to the changing rooms.

I haven't been on the Royal or Regal Princess, but I believe the "shower area" on these ships is actually only available in the Spa area (which requires a payment to use those services).

I was on the newest NCL ship recently, and the only way to use the sauna/steamroom/shower facilities was a paid Spa admission :( Wouldn't be surprised to see something similar occurring on newer ships by other cruise lines...

There are actually two handicap showers in the spa area on Crown. One is one of the three showers in the spa bathroom, as we have talked àbout here. But there is a second, not often used one, in the thermal suite, around the wall from one of the two rain showers and in a little hall. It has bath gel and shampoo, and hooks across the hallway on the wall for your things. Since it is in the coed area, you would want to wear your bathing suit when using this shower. I used it yesterday then wrapped up in my robe and enjoyed the heated lounger while drying off.

Speaking of handicap accessibility, there is an elevator down into the thermal suite area on Crown, and a handicap bathroom down there also.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Note that in your H/C Accessible suite shower you will have a full set of rails as well as a pull down chair. There is also an emergency "pull cord" in the bathroom (reachable from Shower). It will be a very large shower and offers many opportunities to stabilize yourself.

The showers in the spa, while large, do not offer either the rails or the seat. What you will have is the potential to have more people nearby in case you needed to call (verbally) for help.

You might be pleasantly surprised to see how amenable your in cabin shower will be for your needs.

Both the handicap shower in the spa bathroom and the one downstairs in the thermal suite have a pull down bench and rails.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
As others have posted, the shower in the accessible WS is a much better options for you. It is a very large area with no step in, a fold down bench and grab bars.

The link has photos of the accessible WS.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPGN_4uUbpuBEnhTAE4TxD8jPSdYkgC909ylmVB/photo/AF1QipNXC4PmLKyV8RtFDXp9yv3txk-0B_rTxa3VP7YD

I have been having problems with Google Photos so please let me know if you can’t see the album.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

This second link did work, and the first link did not work. Noone had answered back to you so I thought that I would. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Happy Cruising!

Mark

Thanks for the feedback. Google changed the way photos are shared and I think I have figured out how to provide a link to albums. Not sure how to post individual photos yet after the apparent changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums