Do cruises on Carnival/Princess count toward status on HAL?

Lyndihop

We are booked on a future Holland cruise. Never sailed before. However we have sailed Carnival several times in the past and on Princess. Will we get any sort of status from those lines that carry over to Holland?

My TA didn't seem to know.

And if so, what do I need to do??

Because you have sailed on another cruise line within the Carnival Corp. family, you will be considered a One Star Mariner (one completed cruise).

You should not have to do anything; our first cruise was on Princess and the next cruise was on HAL and I don't recall having to do anything.

Edited by Boytjie

We are booked on our first HAL cruise (80's Cruise). We are both Platinum on Carnival. I called the Mariner Society today, discussed it with a nice girl named Marsha, and she changed our status to Star Mariner.

Nothing close to the same perks as CCL Platinum, but better than starting from scratch.

We are booked on our first HAL cruise (80's Cruise). We are both Platinum on Carnival. I called the Mariner Society today, discussed it with a nice girl named Marsha, and she changed our status to Star Mariner.

Nothing close to the same perks as CCL Platinum, but better than starting from scratch.

You mean 1 Star; that is what you also get if you sail on HAL and have never sailed on a Carnival Corp cruise line. It is the first lever of Mariner status (from 1 to 5 Star).

All of them do it: on our QM2 cruise we were Silver World Club members due to sailing on Princess (and HAL) before.

We are booked on a future Holland cruise. Never sailed before. However we have sailed Carnival several times in the past and on Princess. Will we get any sort of status from those lines that carry over to Holland?

My TA didn't seem to know.

And if so, what do I need to do??

Since you have sailed on Carnival and Princess, the only perk you will get on HAL is an invitation to the Mariner's Brunch/Lunch which is usually held near the end of the cruise. There will also get a "tile".

You mean 1 Star; that is what you also get if you sail on HAL and have never sailed on a Carnival Corp cruise line. It is the first lever of Mariner status (from 1 to 5 Star).

All of them do it: on our QM2 cruise we were Silver World Club members due to sailing on Princess (and HAL) before.

Actually the correct term for the opening level of the Mariner Society is Star Mariner, not '1 Star Mariner' (see Mariner Society overview).

And while the sister Carnival Corp lines recognize each other for the purpose of eligibility for past passenger pricing, HAL is the only one that gives recognition as a first-level past passenger on board. Princess and Carnival do not--and I have never heard of it happening on Cunard before (certainly didn't to me on my first, nor other family members more recently).

Edited by fishywood

OP, here are the benefits for Star Mariner:

Star Mariner

Every guest that joins us for any Holland America Line cruise returns as a Star Mariner. It’s our way of saying Welcome Back, and you’ll start feeling the special treatment as soon as you come aboard. Star Mariners receive:

champagne

Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm) as well as a complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch

A special collectible gift presented to you on board

A free subscription to the print or digital** version of Mariner magazine

Offers to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society

Special offers on select sailings

A 50% cruise fare discount on the 3rd/4th guest staying in your stateroom on select sailings

Actually the correct term for the opening level of the Mariner Society is Star Mariner, not '1 Star Mariner' (see Mariner Society overview).

And while the sister Carnival Corp lines recognize each other for the purpose of eligibility for past passenger pricing, HAL is the only one that gives recognition as a first-level past passenger on board. Princess and Carnival do not--and I have never heard of it happening on Cunard before (certainly didn't to me on my first, nor other family members more recently).

I sailed on Princess first in 2007, then HAL in 2007 and 2008 and Cunard in 2009. My Princess Captain Circle number is the same and my Cunard World Club number. I am pretty sure I was a Silver World Club member when I boarded. Cunard even had my passport information in the check-in system (HAL did not, I always have to reenter it).

During a HAL presentation and Q&A that included the head of the Mariner program this question was asked. His response was that they were looking into it but each line's program was different and they we were worried about downgrading perks for some. It was a 'stay tuned' kind of response - this was years ago and still waiting.

I sailed on Princess first in 2007, then HAL in 2007 and 2008 and Cunard in 2009. My Princess Captain Circle number is the same and my Cunard World Club number. I am pretty sure I was a Silver World Club member when I boarded. Cunard even had my passport information in the check-in system (HAL did not, I always have to reenter it).

We started sailing on Cunard in the 80's as well as Princess in the 80's. HAL hadn't been taken over by Carnival at that time.

So we have different numbers for all three cruise lines.