Disney Rewards $

Oceanwench

We've never cruised Disney (though longtime park passholders) and just realized I could use reward dollars on our upcoming cruise.

I called Chase and was told I can pick up a rewards card at guest services and they will call to load the dollars onto the card.

True? I don't have a lot of faith in the customer service rep, who didn't seem sure of herself.

We've never cruised Disney (though longtime park passholders) and just realized I could use reward dollars on our upcoming cruise.

I called Chase and was told I can pick up a rewards card at guest services and they will call to load the dollars onto the card.

True? I don't have a lot of faith in the customer service rep, who didn't seem sure of herself.

Guest Services onboard the ship? I don't know about that.

Our rewards card was mailed to us from Chase. Before our cruise. My husband handled it, but I believe he had to ask for it to be sent. Now, we can reload it here, from what I understand, but the initial card was mailed to us.

I agree with the above poster. We cashed in our Chase dollars and they mailed the card to us. Now, when I want to add more to the same card, I can do it online on the Chase.com website. I have never been on a cruise, so I don't know if you can do it at guest services. If it were me, I think I might want the card in hand when I boarded the ship. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I'm a charter member card holder, so I know how it works with the card and reloading, etc. Been doing it many years.

But we'd be cutting it close to have it mailed out.

Had I realized we could have used it on the cruise, I would have ordered it weeks ago.

I know if there is a time constraint you can pick one up at the hotels on site at the parks.

This woman insisted the same is true for the cruise ships.

There are some park locations where you can obtain the rewards card, but unless something has changed recently you cannot get one on the ship. You can transfer reward pointe to an existing card on line or by calling Chase. If you are going to WDW before the cruise, you can get a card at Downtown Disney Guest Services (for sure on that location...again unless changed recently).

We have a "Day 1" card, but the locations do keep changing. While we have been able to spend points while on the ship, we have never been able to get a card while on the ships. But in fairness, I haven't tried recently.

Also, once you transfer points to the card, they do expire sooner. We usually transfer them/request a new card before a Disney trip and transfer only what we plan to spend on that trip. (that's usually the whole of what we have). Then let them accrue in the account till the next trip and request a new card before that trip.

Thanks. I really feel the Chase customer service person misled me.

She got upset when I doubted her - but honestly, what she said about picking up a "blank" card onboard really seemed unlikely.

This cruise came up suddenly, nothing we had planned for in the long-term, and I never thought about using rewards on board.

Then I read some posts here about doing it - so I called Chase.

I don't have a rewards card right now - it expired 12/31/15, so I used it up last time I was up at the parks.

You can get rewards cards at the parks, but the Chase site does not mention the cruise ships:

Pick up at Disney Theme Parks

Pick up a Disney Rewards Redemption Card at the Guest Relations locations listed below. Present a photo ID and your Disney Visa Card.

Walt Disney World Resort, located directly inside and outside each Theme Park

Magic Kingdom Park Guest Relations Window

Magic Kingdom Park Guest Relations at City Hall

Disney's Hollywood Studios Guest Relations

Epcot Guest Relations

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park Guest Relations

Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort Downtown Disney® Marketplace Guest Relations

Downtown Disney West Side Guest Relations

Edited by Oceanwench

The above is exactly what I thought. When someone mentioned the hotels, I didn't believe it but things do change...

I do know for sure that you can get one at Guest Relations at EPCOT and at Downtown Disney. The fact that they are available at the other parks makes sense.

I encountered a similar situation a few years ago. At that time you definitely could not get the card at the cruise terminal or on the ships. We ended up just allowing the points to sit in the account and then getting a new card for the next trip.

I have gotten cards at guest services at DLR and WDW. I have also been standing outside a theme park, waiting for rope drop, and called up Chase and had them transfer the dollars over immediately. But yeah, I haven't heard of getting a card on the cruise ships.