What day of the week does NCL lower or raise there rates?

pajazz28

Not how it works. No human is going in and manipulating fares.

NCL (like all the others and most hotel companies) uses a yield management system. The system automatically raises rates when a sailing is selling well and lowers them when a sailing is not selling so well (that is a fairly basic explanation but pretty much covers it).

It's strictly based on supply and demand. Prices can change daily.

However, prices fluctuate greatly as the cruise cancelation penalty kicks in. That's when most cancelations happen, within 48hrs of final payment date. That, is usually when they ship needs to be at high occupancy. So,prices tend to drop to sell off remaining inventory ASAP.

Not how it works. No human is going in and manipulating fares.

NCL (like all the others and most hotel companies) uses a yield management system. The system automatically raises rates when a sailing is selling well and lowers them when a sailing is not selling so well (that is a fairly basic explanation but pretty much covers it).

The lines also do deals with travel agencies who commit to blocks of cabins. I just got an amazing deal on a 9 night New Years cruise on NCL Dawn for Dec 2016. I thought it was some sort of scam because rarely do holiday sailings go on sale.

On the cruise critic home page, check the "Today's Biggest Fare Drops" section, daily. That's how we found the deal on our cruise....

Those can't be real prices but inflated and then dropped - seriously 79% - I highly doubt it.

Watch the prices daily and book otherwise you snooze you lose. You should look so you get an idea if the prices go up, down or stay the same.

For instance, I was looking at RCCL Harmony in Dec 2017 and within one day a balcony for 4 went up $1500....my friend booked it, now I'm watching to see if it will ever go down.

If you are worried about the prices, book the lowest cat room you are most comfortable with and then if the prices go down for the higher cats, upgrade...

NCL has been very good in making me "whole" with price drops, perhaps cuz I gave a good PCC and I cruise a few times a year. So, as a solo, I book a studio, and as price drops foster to sail date, I call my PCC. Hoping to upgrade to a balcony in two days![emoji41]