Which would you suggest for a Danube river cruise....October or May?

OnTheJourney

I would go for October only because May is so unpredictable! We've been to Europe several times in May and more often then not we've been cold. Frankly, after a long winter I want to be warm in the spring. I don't want those spring cold snaps. Now, in October--you've already had a nice long hot summer and cold is actually a welcoming thing. October, like May, can go either way but if it's warm in October, it's still lovely, and if it's nippy, well, that's lovely too. I can't say the same about nippy in May.

Plus there's Octoberfest...:D

we have done both spring and autumn. beautiful colours in autumn albeit we did have snow -6 in Regensburg I year, looked very pretty but was cold.

we enjoy spring and autumn in Europe usually not as crowded and pleasant weather to walk about. May does have a lot of public holidays but not too troublesome.

Good luck with your planning. we are still considering our options.

Hello three4rd

"I have been looking at the Tauck Amsterdam to Budapest cruise and would like suggestions on when is best to go. The trip runs May through October."

Have just done a cruise 31 October to 15 November and the weather was beautiful almost the whole time, you can layer clothing and stay warm. There were times the weather was overcast for a few hours, unfortunately when we went through the castle areas and subsequently the photos had a grey sky background, maybe if you are a photographer you maybe influenced by cloudy skies but can always photo shop. The autumn leaves were so colourful, never seen so many different coloured leaves on the trees and on the ground, Brisbane Australia has nothing like it. Would not like to be doing this trip in the heat with the crowds.