Happy New Year From Host Andy !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to wish our Cruise Critic Community, and everyone at Oceania... a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous 2016. May the New Year bring the very best of times for you and your loved ones...

... And if the New Year includes a Cruise ? Even better :)

As always, it's been a pleasure hosting the Oceania forum, and assisting our members. I'm looking forward to new Cruise adventures in the New Year, and meeting our dear Cruise Critic friends while onboard the ships !

Thanks again for your participation in our wonderful Cruise Critic Community !

HappyNewYearFireworksPompoms.gif

I'm sure that all of us are grateful for your restrained yet firm guidance, yet we seldom take the time.

In our defense, when a job is really well done, it is far too easy to overlook the work that goes into it.

Many compliments get thrown around in the spirit of Auld Lang Syne, but what I personally want you to know is that I respect you more now than I did in 2004 when I began to participate here.

It's not ALL whistling into the wind, my friend, -please keep up the good work knowing that you are very appreciated....just as much for the time that you spend thinking as the time that you spend typing. :D

I'm working on it

Happy New Year to you Andy! Thanks for your ongoing good work during 2015 for your CC family. We appreciate you!

Happy New Year & thanks to all the CC'ers who took time to post during the year as well. The knowledge base, and the kindness, among this group is truly amazing.

Happy New Year, and I pray for a better 2016, worldwide, than we saw in 2015, for our sakes, and for all the wonderful folks we've met onboard and around the world.

And thanks to Oceania too! I personally am so grateful for the ability to see so many parts of the world I only dreamed of as a child and never believed I'd have the opportunity to see.

I'm sure that all of us are grateful for your restrained yet firm guidance, yet we seldom take the time.

In our defense, when a job is really well done, it is far too easy to overlook the work that goes into it.

Many compliments get thrown around in the spirit of Auld Lang Syne, but what I personally want you to know is that I respect you more now than I did in 2004 when I began to participate here.

It's not ALL whistling into the wind, my friend, -please keep up the good work knowing that you are very appreciated....just as much for the time that you spend thinking as the time that you spend typing. :D

I'm working on it

Thank you StanandJim, for your very kind comments. There's no doubt that my efforts a labor of love. I'm sure it's the same, for all of my fellow Hosts. We're certainly not in this for the money - as there isn't any... other than a few dollars per month for internet reimbursement. What makes this a pleasure for me, is my passion for Cruising, and helping others. There's nothing that makes me happier, then when I read a thank you on the boards, (or an email) from our members, for valued & trusted advice. Believe me, moderating is not an easy job, and a great deal of time is required to do this right - more than most can imagine !

I consider myself very fortunate, to have made many friends on the Cruise Critic forums, and onboard the ships. Some value wealth by their stock or bank account. I value mine by friendships. As I often say, there are many kinds of ships, but the best ships... are friendships ! :)

While Cruising & Social Media have made massive advances in recent years, I strongly believe they are in their infancy, and, there's *much* more to come. I'm very excited about the future of Cruising, Social Media, and of course... Cruise Critic.

Thanks again for everyone's kind comments, and Happy New Year !

Hi Andy, I am use to seeing you on X, Azamara and Princess forums. I am going on Oceania for the first time in March. Glad to see you are on here as well. All the best to you and your mum in 2016, Heather

Thank you Heather. Nice to see you here ! Hopefully, there's an Oceania cruise in our future. We haven't finalized our 2016 cruise plans yet.

Hope you have a wonderful time on Oceania. Happy New Year !

Host Andy - thank you for your good wishes as well as hosting the Oceania forum so competently.

All the best to you and your family for 2016 :)

Thank you Paulchili. Here's to a wonderful 2016.