1991 Sun Viking scans!

KelJ

Hi, all! While getting Christmas items out of our storage unit, I came across a box marked "Alaska" which contains all of my paperwork from my first cruise, which was on the RCCL Sun Viking in July/August of 1991. It was so interesting to look at cruise compasses from then versus now and to see prices too. I've scanned some of the documents and will post them in case anyone else finds them to be interesting as well.

Ugh! I've never had a problem attaching photos or scans. I keep getting the message "upload failed." Any suggestions?

Photos might be too large. CC has a size limit on uploaded files.

What others do is upload the photos to a photo sharing site, such as Flickr, and then put links to the photos in your CC posts.

You are all going to be ready to kill me until I get this figured out...[ATTACH]372186[/ATTACH]
Read this post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25174746&postcount=2 OK I copied it.

"For posting a photo in a Cruise Critic post you need to find a photo hosting service on the Internet. In particular, one that will allow "hot linking" so that your photo can be displayed inside a web page that belongs to someone other than the hosting service. You upload your photo there, and get the URL of the photo. Then use the Insert Image icon to insert the image link into your post. The photo will appear in the post, not the link. Again, vBulletin allows only up to six images in a Cruise Critic post and this includes smilies.

But please be considerate if you choose to do this, as big image files take time to download. Particularly for your fellow Cruise Critic members who are on dial-up connections. Very large photos will distort the appearance of Cruise Critic pages, especially for those Cruise Critic members with smaller screens. Please re-size your photos to a smaller size before posting. Remember, not everyone is speeding along on DSL or cable modems, super-fast processors etc. so keeping your images to a reasonable size will help speed all of us along!

Please feel free to use the TEST FORUM at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=225 to your heart's content. That is the ONLY place where test posts should appear." Posted by host Kat>

Edited by FLACRUISER99