Wrigley80's Carnival Elation Photo Review with the KREWE

wrigley80

Hmmm...given you aren'so thrilled with spicy food the re-mix may not be for you. I believe it has Jack Daniel's, chipotle pepper, pineapple juice, mint and I don't know what else. It is yummy!

Yeah that sounds a little too much for me. I believe I'll stick with my Twilight Zones

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait to hear about your Dream Cruise...me and the wife will be sailing on the Dream in July for our 10 year Analversary. Hoping you are loading the photos of your trip on to photobucket as I type this hahaha

We really enjoy your reviews and was glad to see that you had just a good time with your Krewe!

Can't wait to hear about your Dream Cruise...me and the wife will be sailing on the Dream in July for our 10 year Analversary. Hoping you are loading the photos of your trip on to photobucket as I type this hahaha

We really enjoy your reviews and was glad to see that you had just a good time with your Krewe!

I promise I'll be getting to my review on the Dream. I've been super busy since I got back from that cruise.

I always have a good time cruising with my Krewe

Hold the phone - when DH and I went on the Elation last year, we had no idea that this secret pool even existed. The Cheers! package may have had something to do with it... :)

It's probably a good thing I found it early on in the cruise otherwise I'm sure the Cheers package would have impeded my impairment as well.

The pool was always empty and it seemed like the kids used it more as a bathtub so I'll take a pass on getting in there

Hello Again.....I am sure that most of you all know me by now and if you don't where have you been ;) My name is Brianna and I love to cruise. But most importantly I truly enjoy sharing my vacation with you all. If one person can benefit from one of my photo reviews then they were worth it.

Every December (first week of December) I cruise with the same group of people. There are about 40 of us and we call ourselves the KREWE of NOLA KRUISERS. We are like family. This is one cruise that I wouldn't miss but I nearly did this year :(

For anyone who has enjoyed one of my reviews in the past you will remember that I cruised with my dad. My dad loved cruising as much as I did (if not more). My dad went on peritoneal dialysis in April 2015. Peritoneal dialysis is where he would do his treatments at home. This allowed him the freedom to go on day trips with me. But most importantly it would still allow him to cruise. When we started the process of dialysis he told his doctors that he still wanted to be able to cruise with me. The dialysis treatments were going well until mid-September. My dad had some setbacks and was hospitalized. At this time they had to begin emergency hemodialysis in the hospital. While at the hospital my dad come down with a major infection in his legs. It was more than what his body could handle and he passed away on Wednesday, October 7th at 2:00 pm.

My dad was my entire life. We did everything together....cruises, Cubs games, day trips, road trips, and so much more. We were inseparable. I still feel so alone and empty without my dad here by my side. There are many days when I just cry and ask myself why something like this happened. There were still so many things that I wanted to do with my dad.

My dad was to be my cruising partner on this cruise. I did not want to go on this cruise with out him there with me. After much debate and a lot of convincing from friends who would be cruising with me I decided to go. And the KREWE made this cruise as a tribute to my dad. It was a great way to pay tribute to an awesome friend and father. He would have truly enjoyed it.

So for this review of the Carnival Elation I have decided to dedicate it to my dad....I hope you enjoy this one as much if not more than my other reviews. :)

Brianna, I've followed some of your reviews, especially the last one with your dad. I'm so very sorry to hear of his passing. I am glad your friends convinced you to continue to cruise! Your dad surely would have wanted that. I'm off to read your review! I hope you are healing more and more daily.

Hi Brianna! I found your review through a comment on a post of mine about cruising after the loss of your cruise partner. My dad just died a week ago today. We were supposed to leave on a cruise on Sunday, but obviously that was much too soon. There's another one scheduled for October that I haven't decided on.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You give me hope that maybe some day I'll be able to enjoy cruising again.

Brianna, I've followed some of your reviews, especially the last one with your dad. I'm so very sorry to hear of his passing. I am glad your friends convinced you to continue to cruise! Your dad surely would have wanted that. I'm off to read your review! I hope you are healing more and more daily.

Yes I know he would still want me to cruise with my friends. Cruising without my dad by my side just isn't the same though. There are things that I still can't do without him...like play trivia. It was one of our favorite onboard activities to do together and I just can't bring myself to play without my dad. Maybe one day I will

Hi Brianna! I found your review through a comment on a post of mine about cruising after the loss of your cruise partner. My dad just died a week ago today. We were supposed to leave on a cruise on Sunday, but obviously that was much too soon. There's another one scheduled for October that I haven't decided on.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You give me hope that maybe some day I'll be able to enjoy cruising again.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know exactly what you are going through. It's a club that no one wants to be a part of. I still feel like he's just gone away for the day...it's still so surreal. I miss my dad so much. My life will always have an empty void without my dad.

I completely understand why you feel like you can't cruise on Sunday but by October you need to go and celebrate your dad's life. That's what me and my friends did on this cruise. Trust me I did not want to go on this cruise on the Elation. I knew it was going to be hard but with the support from my friends I went and had fun. Sure there were times when I had to get away and be by myself to just cry. Don't feel like you can't cry....don't hold your emotions in. I did that and it nearly killed me. Let the tears flow when you are thinking about all the memories you shared with your dad. They will always be there in your heart...don't forget that.

Cruising will never be the same for me and it probably won't be for you as well but you still need to go. Make new memories.

If you ever need a friend to talk to feel free to reach out to me. My email is butzy80@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
I promise I'll be getting to my review on the Dream. I've been super busy since I got back from that cruise.

I always have a good time cruising with my Krewe

We're still patiently waiting ... OK that is not really 100% true because if we were waiting patiently then we wouldn't be posting this reply ... so I will just say

We're waiting (but not necessarily by choice) :D:D:D:D

We're still patiently waiting ... OK that is not really 100% true because if we were waiting patiently then we wouldn't be posting this reply ... so I will just say

We're waiting (but not necessarily by choice) :D:D:D:D

Sorry I've been super busy in recent weeks. I moved from Illinois to Orlando, FL for a new job. I start my new job tomorrow.

I promise that once things calm down a little I will start my review

Sorry I've been super busy in recent weeks. I moved from Illinois to Orlando, FL for a new job. I start my new job tomorrow.

OH MY GOODNESS! CONGRATS BRIANNA!

I was wondering why you had been so quiet on these boards! That totally explains everything! Good luck on your first day tomorrow!

Congrats on the new job. Now you don't have to travel so far for a cruise :-) And it's warmer to boot. ..

WOW!!! Gratz on the new job. Hopefully you negotiated for about 8 weeks of vacation since you are now very close to 5 cruise ports. :)

Can't wait to hear about the move and new job!! Will you be doing a review of those like your cruise reviews?? Just kidding, but hope to hear all about your new adventure and see you back on the boards soon!

Congrats on the move and the new job!! Hopefully it is with Carnival, since you are such a great ambassador for their brand. Best wishes and much success!!!

Edited by Oakman

Brianna,

I haven't been on the boards much lately but popped on and saw a new review from you - I have always loved your reviews. My heart hurt so much when I read your first post. I'm so very sorry about the loss of your cruising-buddy-best-friend. Much love and prayers to you.

Then I got to the end and I saw you got a new job and moved!!! Congratulations.

Thanks for another wonderful review