Adventure of the seas Refurb 2016

I have heard that Adventure of the Seas will be revitalized in 2016, but can't seem to find any information about what that will entail. Does anybody know what will be added during this refurbishment?

Royal has not revealed details of the refurbishment.

However, I would expect it to be very similar to what has been done to the sister ships Voyager and Explorer.

This is Explorer's web page, see the areas with "New" next to them:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VY&shipCode=EX&br=R

Note that Adventure already has Giovanni's Table, pervasive WiFi, and the pool big screen.

Edited by clarea

We will be on Adventure beginning January 9th and have been told it does not have pervasive wifi. I hope you are correct.

It's possible I got Jewel and Adventure mixed up. Someone had posted about seeing crewmembers stringing network cable through the corridors for pervasive WiFi. I know it was a ship that had an upcoming dry dock.

Its very slow. We were on in February 2015...while its available through out the ship now its no where close to the Voom that is being rolled out. Hoping it gets that during this dry dock.

Just did the Dec 5 cruise on Adventure. The wi-fi is pervasive as I had no trouble connecting anywhere on the ship. That said, it's about 320 baud dial-up speed (if you remember that) so it's soooo slow.

I do hope the upgrade to Voom during the refurb, as the performance of that system is awesome.

She will probably get those rocks they're calling beds, too. Glad, in a way, we're sailing on her before "revitalization." Last Royal for us for awhile - completely transferred all existing reservations to NCL. Had a great time on them... and VERY comfy beds!

I haven't read all the postings here, but did one of you say their beds were like ROCKS? Oh my, I am so used to Carnival beds, I hope not. I just booked Adventure a couple days ago, and we will be cruising the first part of April. Guess I'll find out.

She will probably get those rocks they're calling beds, too. Glad, in a way, we're sailing on her before "revitalization." Last Royal for us for awhile - completely transferred all existing reservations to NCL. Had a great time on them... and VERY comfy beds!

Do they at least still offer those mattress toppers on request? Also, with all the talk I've been seeing here on Cruise Critic about the new beds being terrible, one would think that Royal would take notice and adjust things. :confused: