Bringing a bottle of wine.... inside cabin

MaiTaiMary

We always bring a bottle of wine aboard with us. To save money and allow us to go on two cruises this year, we booked inside cabins for our upcoming cruises. We've always had balcony cabins in the past where we would enjoy a glass of wine. With an inside cabin, I just can't picture us drinking a glass of wine while watching TV! LOL

Besides taking the bottle to the MDR, what are our other options? Can we bring the bottle elsewhere on the ship and ask for two glasses from the bar?

I am not sure about just carrying a bottle around the ship. I have always gotten a wine glass from a bar and taken it back to the room then poured a glass of wine in the room and taken it with me.

I also enjoy having a glass of wine while getting dressed, applying makeup, etc.:D

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Yep, pour it into glasses in your room and take out onto a deck with you. You probably can't carry the opened bottle around with you, but you could pour the rest into a larger receptacle (thermos, insulated cup, etc) for refills.

I am not sure about just carrying a bottle around the ship. I have always gotten a wine glass from a bar and taken it back to the room then poured a glass of wine in the room and taken it with me.

I also enjoy having a glass of wine while getting dressed, applying makeup, etc.:D

Ditto... Me too[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

We always bring a bottle of wine aboard with us. To save money and allow us to go on two cruises this year, we booked inside cabins for our upcoming cruises. We've always had balcony cabins in the past where we would enjoy a glass of wine. With an inside cabin, I just can't picture us drinking a glass of wine while watching TV! LOL

Besides taking the bottle to the MDR, what are our other options? Can we bring the bottle elsewhere on the ship and ask for two glasses from the bar?

We have carried our bottles of wine to a bar near the main dining room. We asked for wine glasses and enjoyed while we talked with our friends. (We opened the bottles in our cabins.) When the mdr opened, we walked in with our bottles and full glasses of wine. We were not charged a corkage fee.

We've also taken bottles of wine and glasses to the Punchliner.

We have carried our bottles of wine to a bar near the main dining room. We asked for wine glasses and enjoyed while we talked with our friends. (We opened the bottles in our cabins.) When the mdr opened, we walked in with our bottles and full glasses of wine. We were not charged a corkage fee.

You were lucky. Bringing a bottle into the dining room, already open or not, can result in corkage fees being charged.

We also opened a bottle of wine in our cabin and carried it into the MDR to share with our tablemates and weren't charged any fee. Our tablemates did the same the next night. We asked to make it was okay and they said it would be no problem. Maybe this varies ship to ship or maybe it depends on who you ask, who knows.

You were lucky. Bringing a bottle into the dining room, already open or not, can result in corkage fees being charged.

Actually, more often than not, you will not be charged a corkage fee in the MDR (but don't be surprised if they do as they are supposed to). On the other hand, have been charged a corkage fee every time I've brought one to the steakhouse.

Go on Celebrity - you can take your glass of wine anywhere . We had an inside cabin with Celebrity , interesting differences , we still prefer Carnival. But that was one thing I liked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go on Celebrity - you can take your glass of wine anywhere . We had an inside cabin with Celebrity , interesting differences , we still prefer Carnival. But that was one thing I liked

Same with Carnival (which is what my wife does instead of carrying a bottle around). No worries whatsoever about corkage fees when carrying a glass around.

We always take our wine up to the Promenade and enjoy listening to music while having a few glasses. We've never been questioned, and usually request wine glasses from a nearby bar.

You can also ask your steward to get you wine glasses.

We have carried full glasses of wine everywhere on our Carnival cruises.