Roll out of Curtis Stone's Chef Table?

Pamster

Returning on the Emerald in June for our anniversary. Was going to celebrate by going to the Chef's Table.

Just got off the Emerald last week. The Curtis Stone selections in the MDR (left side of menu) and SHARE ($39pp) were a big disappointment. Tasteless at best.

I didn't notice a Chef's Table offered on our 4/5 b2b. I really wasn't looking so I might have missed it.

If Stone is in charge of the Chef's Table Menu in June, I won't waste my money. Food is subjective so this is, of course, my opinion. The fact that the SHARE restaurant was never full and the staff hawked the restaurant everywhere on board all during the cruise constantly, gives me the impression many other passengers felt the same.

Of course, if the chef on the Emerald doesn't follow Stone's recipe then he's to blame. But the rest of the food served was pretty delicious. So throw Stone's menus overboard!

Brandee what anniversary is this? Really disappointed in your review of SHARE - we have purchased our tickets for June 4, 2016!

SHARE, the restaurant, and the Curtis Stone Chef's Table are two different things (with different price tags.) The Curtis Stone Chef's Table is different from the regular Princess Chef's Table, and the first will reportedly replace the latter. I think what OP is asking about is the Stone table. When will it appear and on which ships? So far, I haven't heard anything about it happening.

Edited by shredie

SHARE, the restaurant, and the Curtis Stone Chef's Table are two different things (with different price tags.) The Curtis Stone Chef's Table is different from the regular Princess Chef's Table, and the first will reportedly replace the latter. I think what OP is asking about is the Stone table. When will it appear and on which ships? So far, I haven't heard anything about it happening.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Actually, the 'food critics' here on Cruise Critic seem to love SHARE and Stone. It's those of us whose palates are too unsophisticated to be considered 'food critics' that don't care for them.

If a lobster covered in endive foam appeals to you, you'll love SHARE.

If meatloaf covered in tomato foam appeals to you, probably not.

As I'm a meatloaf kind of guy, you probably won't see me in there.:D

Edited by Treven

Has anyone heard anything about the schedule of rolling out the Curtis Stone Chef Table across the fleet? The Princess site just says across the entire fleet beginning January 2016. We are on the Crown in April, wondering if it might be there by then.

I was hoping never.

Brandee what anniversary is this? Really disappointed in your review of SHARE - we have purchased our tickets for June 4, 2016!

Hi Cisterna! Like I said food is subjective. I've eaten Curtis Stone food before but the chef on the Emerald didn't seem to get it right. I will be celebrating my 44th anniversary on the 4th. See you over on Roll Call !!!

Has anyone heard anything about the schedule of rolling out the Curtis Stone Chef Table across the fleet? The Princess site just says across the entire fleet beginning January 2016. We are on the Crown in April, wondering if it might be there by then.

Just off the Ruby and according to Christian, the Curtis Stone executive chef, and several staff members working in Share, the Curtis Stone Chef's table will be offered in the small dining room adjacent to the main room in Share (old Sabatini's), beginning in early March.

My traveling companion and I dined in Share twice last week and found both the food and service to be exceptional. I do, however, think that the marketing folks need to revisit the name of the restaurant and the promotional campaign. The word "share" has too many connotations to be meaningful, in my opinion. I also find some of the promotional material to be confusing, at best. Some of the promotions discuss "family". Share is most certainely not a "family" venue, in my opinion.

Edited by Lazy K

I also was just off the Ruby and I not only went to SHARE once, but it was so delicious I went twice....and if I had time, i might go a third time....It is a beautiful upscale space, unlike Sabatini's, there was no one sitting on top of me where I could hear 2 different conversations on each side of me. The chairs were comfortable...most were sorta like Windsor chairs and they had padded seats. It is an adult space...The executive chef from Curtis Stone's was onboard cooking the meals and teaching the staff on the Stone way....Christian came over to our table and we talked for quite awhile...SHARE will be on the Ruby and the Emerald as well as on the Sun, out of Australia. That will have a slightly different venue and it sounded quite exciting to me...Now, for the food....It was excellent. If I paid to have that meal in a medium to large city, it would have cost at least $100.00. The wines that are paired with the food are also excellent...Obviously, those are extra...and not found on the regular dining room wine list. The appetizers are wonderful. The pasta is some of the best I have ever had. One was done with King Crab, the other with vegetables..The main courses are what one would find in an upscale menu....I can guarantee that you will not be served cat puke...but perhaps the butter poached lobster sauce was what someone refereed to as "Cat Puke" Totally insulting I think. I had the twice cooked duck and it was delicious...and it was a breast and leg of a duck...It came with Cannelloni bean puree. There are 6 courses, so I don't think anyone would go hungry.....There is a Charcuterie Platter that has salami, Iberico ham a chicken liver pate with a lingonberry sauce...(I think)...with fresh bread that is made in SHARE's kitchens. The appetizers are next. Shrimp Salad...has several wild caught Mexican Shrimp with a lemon sauce. Cavatelli with vegetables....sun chokes, beets, etc....the pasta is made daily in the kitchen....The Taglietelle is with roasted King Crab and Parsley...The main courses are a fish dish...Tubot with mushrooms which my friend said was wonderful. a butter poached lobster tail, with braised Begian Endive, a Wild Mushroom Ragu for the vegtarians among us....a twice cooked duck which I had....and the beef cheek pie....People....Beef cheeks are one of the best part of the cow. There are only two of them on each cow/steer, and you don't see them in the market cause the best butchers grab them for themselves.....sorta like Halibut cheeks in Alaska....The side dishes are melted leeks....wonderful....had them twice....Braised Kale, a Potato Gratin served in a cast iron pan.....Then there is the cheese course....Small and perfect.... a French cheese served with honeycomb, a Spanish cheese served with Quince paste, and Italian cheese and a California Blue cheese....Dessert....it is to die for.......The chocolate dessert is the BEST chocolate desert I have ever put in my mouth....Bar none.....Also Ricotta fritters which is an Italian desert and excellent....and a Lemon tart....Everyone who had been in the restaurant that we met on the ship raved about it....Many went back more than once. It is an ambitious undertaking to take that type of restaurant on a ship that is used to serving 3,000 mass meals at a meal....but in a smaller space, it works well. Everything is cooked to order. Nothing is done ahead of time. It is a not a steak and potato restaurant....it is not meant to be. For that, there is the Crown Grill...This is a wonderful alternative for people to perhaps go out of their food comfort to try a new concept.....And PS....No one shared either.....but I did eye someone's dinner on the way out of the door.....Truth be told, it was worth every penny of the $39.00 for me....

Just off the Ruby and according to Christian, the Curtis Stone executive chef, and several staff members working in Share, the Curtis Stone Chef's table will be offered in the small dining room adjacent to the main room in Share (old Sabatini's), beginning in early March.

My traveling companion and I dined in Share twice last week and found both the food and service to be exceptional. I do, however, think that the marketing folks need to revisit the name of the restaurant and the promotional campaign. The word "share" has too many connotations to be meaningful, in my opinion. I also find some of the promotional material to be confusing, at best. Some of the promotions discuss "family". Share is most certainely not a "family" venue, in my opinion.

Thank you. If a ship doesn't have SHARE yet, I wonder if they'll have the Curtis Stone Chef's Table - or if it's going to wait until they get SHARE? We're going to be on the Crown in April. They don't have SHARE, wondering which Chef's Table they might have.

I wondered if the Chef's Table would be held in that nook in the pictures. Does anyone know the price?

Nobody we spoke with in Share seemed to know what the price was going to be. My guess is that it will be a bit more than the current Chef's Table pricing.

I wouldn't mind paying more if they didn't have veal as the main course like it seems to be on every ship's Chef's table these days. It wasn't always like that. Quite a few people won't eat veal on ethical grounds.

Time for a change and I'll go back to booking it every cruise like I used to do.

I also was just off the Ruby and I not only went to SHARE once, but it was so delicious I went twice....and if I had time, i might go a third time....It is a beautiful upscale space, unlike Sabatini's, there was no one sitting on top of me where I could hear 2 different conversations on each side of me. The chairs were comfortable...most were sorta like Windsor chairs and they had padded seats. It is an adult space...The executive chef from Curtis Stone's was onboard cooking the meals and teaching the staff on the Stone way....Christian came over to our table and we talked for quite awhile...SHARE will be on the Ruby and the Emerald as well as on the Sun, out of Australia. That will have a slightly different venue and it sounded quite exciting to me...Now, for the food....It was excellent. If I paid to have that meal in a medium to large city, it would have cost at least $100.00. The wines that are paired with the food are also excellent...Obviously, those are extra...and not found on the regular dining room wine list. The appetizers are wonderful. The pasta is some of the best I have ever had. One was done with King Crab, the other with vegetables..The main courses are what one would find in an upscale menu....I can guarantee that you will not be served cat puke...but perhaps the butter poached lobster sauce was what someone refereed to as "Cat Puke" Totally insulting I think. I had the twice cooked duck and it was delicious...and it was a breast and leg of a duck...It came with Cannelloni bean puree. There are 6 courses, so I don't think anyone would go hungry.....There is a Charcuterie Platter that has salami, Iberico ham a chicken liver pate with a lingonberry sauce...(I think)...with fresh bread that is made in SHARE's kitchens. The appetizers are next. Shrimp Salad...has several wild caught Mexican Shrimp with a lemon sauce. Cavatelli with vegetables....sun chokes, beets, etc....the pasta is made daily in the kitchen....The Taglietelle is with roasted King Crab and Parsley...The main courses are a fish dish...Tubot with mushrooms which my friend said was wonderful. a butter poached lobster tail, with braised Begian Endive, a Wild Mushroom Ragu for the vegtarians among us....a twice cooked duck which I had....and the beef cheek pie....People....Beef cheeks are one of the best part of the cow. There are only two of them on each cow/steer, and you don't see them in the market cause the best butchers grab them for themselves.....sorta like Halibut cheeks in Alaska....The side dishes are melted leeks....wonderful....had them twice....Braised Kale, a Potato Gratin served in a cast iron pan.....Then there is the cheese course....Small and perfect.... a French cheese served with honeycomb, a Spanish cheese served with Quince paste, and Italian cheese and a California Blue cheese....Dessert....it is to die for.......The chocolate dessert is the BEST chocolate desert I have ever put in my mouth....Bar none.....Also Ricotta fritters which is an Italian desert and excellent....and a Lemon tart....Everyone who had been in the restaurant that we met on the ship raved about it....Many went back more than once. It is an ambitious undertaking to take that type of restaurant on a ship that is used to serving 3,000 mass meals at a meal....but in a smaller space, it works well. Everything is cooked to order. Nothing is done ahead of time. It is a not a steak and potato restaurant....it is not meant to be. For that, there is the Crown Grill...This is a wonderful alternative for people to perhaps go out of their food comfort to try a new concept.....And PS....No one shared either.....but I did eye someone's dinner on the way out of the door.....Truth be told, it was worth every penny of the $39.00 for me....

Thank you for sharing your perspective. Everything sounds delicious, except the beef cheeks scare me! Do they taste like typical steak?

Thank you for sharing your perspective. Everything sounds delicious, except the beef cheeks scare me! Do they taste like typical steak?

Not really, but it is a muscle.....porterhouse tastes different than filet which tastes different than ribeye....I think you will just have to try it for yourself....I think the texture is more like a well done chuck which is done as a stew.....