Prescription meds

Oceanwench

I beg to differ. We were in cabin 7512 and 7514 on disney magic. Sailed from Miami dec 30. Got off ship Jan 4.

Those cabins DO NOT have fridges, just cooling boxes. We asked the room steward and he confirmed that all we could have was the cooling box.

I beg to differ. We were in cabin 7512 and 7514 on disney magic. Sailed from Miami dec 30. Got off ship Jan 4.

Those cabins DO NOT have fridges, just cooling boxes. We asked the room steward and he confirmed that all we could have was the cooling box.

Interesting--we were told that all cabins on the Magic were retrofitted with refrigerators during the big "re-imagination" dry dock. However, since that time we have needed an HA cabin and those have had a refrigerator.

Prior to that dry dock, they had small real refrigerators that could be placed in your room if needed for medications. If you request one thru special needs, it is supposed to be in your room when you board, but often have to ask host or call GS.

When we had the cooling boxed, we found that placing a cup of ice in the cooling box kept it quite cold--to the extent that the ice didn't melt overnight.

Interesting--we were told that all cabins on the Magic were retrofitted with refrigerators during the big "re-imagination" dry dock. However' date=' since that time we have needed an HA cabin and those have had a refrigerator.

Prior to that dry dock, they had small real refrigerators that could be placed in your room if needed for medications. If you request one thru special needs, it is supposed to be in your room when you board, but often have to ask host or call GS.

When we had the cooling boxed, we found that placing a cup of ice in the cooling box kept it quite cold--to the extent that the ice didn't melt overnight.[/quote']

That was my understanding, also. I can only report that on our May 2015 Magic cruise, we had an actual refrigerator in our room.

One thing about the fridges in the rooms - because they're located in a cabinet, often they don't work well due to ventilation issues. I found keeping the cabinet door open helps.

And to verify this, here is a fridge on the Wonder. (disneycruiselineblog photo)

Just look at the grill on the bottom and how clogged it is with fluff.

With the door closed there is no air intake coming in at the bottom.

Disney-Wonder-Indel-B-Minibar-Refrigerator.jpg

ex techie

If you require a fridge for medication, the proper procedure is to request one before the cruise, and they will provide a fridge that will be thoroughly inspected and capable of maintaining a suitable temperature medical supplies.

Assuming and relying on a regular fridge in any hotel or ship is risky IMO.

Did you inform your Stateroom Host that it was necessary due to medical necessity?

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Interesting--we were told that all cabins on the Magic were retrofitted with refrigerators during the big "re-imagination" dry dock. However' date=' since that time we have needed an HA cabin and those have had a refrigerator.

When we had the cooling boxed, we found that placing a cup of ice in the cooling box kept it quite cold--to the extent that the ice didn't melt overnight.[/quote']

We were on the Magic in September and used the fridge a lot for my wife's coconut water and the fruit we got as platinum. I can't testify for sure if it was a fridge or cooling box, but it even kept the left over milk from breakfast cold.

If you are concerned about bringing bottles -take the medication information flyer that you usually get with the prescriptions -they usually provide description of what pill looks like & of course purpose -and also request from guest services -distill water for the cpap machine

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got back from December cruise on the Magic. I contacted Disney Cruise guest services by email. Asked for a sharps box. Was in bathroom when we got on.

What I never thought to ask about was a mini fridge. I just assumed all cruise cabins had them. Disney dies not. Has a cooler box. Wasn't very cold for my refrigerated injectables. Room steward brought in a huge ice bucket filled. Placed it into the coolet. Replenished every day. Worked fine.

Told room steward. He saw the syringes. Broughe the sharps box

I thought the sharps box was already in the bathroom when you got on?

Those posts contradict each other.

Room Hosts are not medically trained and may or may not know the in's and out's of storing refrigerated medicine, so as I posted above, the correct procedure is to request a medical refrigerator in your Stateroom before the cruise, if you require the proper storage of medicines.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

If you complete the "special needs" form' date=' the sharps box should be in your bathroom when you arrive. If you don't do the form, you can request one from your stateroom host.[/quote']

Yes, the exact same form where you can request a medicinal refrigerator.

ex techie