Escape question regarding motion....

CruisinwithZ

For those who have been on escape (as well as other cruise ships), did you find that you could feel constant motion, even with calm seas? How about in your cabin? Anyone with a midship cabin and can comment on motion. Any apparent difference from other cruises.? We are just off another cruise line, had rough seas one days, but the other days, we could barely tell we were moving....trying to get an idea if it's just the sea conditions or the actual build of this ship that has other reviewers commenting on the noticeable motion. Thanks.

Our xmas cruise was rocky and rooms and some hallways were squeaky...just growing pains of a new ship?

I would put the rocking at one of the most of I have experienced in all my cruising...but Disney wins since I looked like a drunk man walking through the hallways

We were in a midship balcony on the Escape in November and felt zero movement. You could barely tell we were moving most of the time! BUT we were on the cruise to the Bahamas and had beautiful weather the entire time, and we weren't going fast at all. Could be different on longer cruises where you're more in open waters or weather is different.

I was on the Escape transatlantic, and can honesty say that ice never felt a shop love so much.

We had some moderately rough seas for a couple of days and the ship really moved a lot (the only cruise I've ever been on where the movement seemed to keep a lot of people in their rooms).

Even when the seas quietened down we still got quite a bit of movement, but there was very little movement later in the cruise, when it was calm.

A theory we had was that the ship is badly affected by the wind which was why it moved so much.

From my experience, I'd say that if the seas are calm and it isn't windy then you should be fine, but it doesn't seem to take much to get the ship moving.

Edited by KeithJenner

As mentioned, it will all depend on the condition of the sea. However, on all the ships we've sailed , 95% of the time, even with moderate sea conditions, it is generally as smooth as standing in the lobby of a hotel. We've had only two experiences where during part of the cruise the motion was enough to affect walking some. These ships are very stabilized. However, the higher up on the ship you are, the more you would feel roll motion. The closer to the front you are, the more you would feel pitch motion. Usually, you don't even know the ship is moving.

I was on the Escape transatlantic, and can honesty say that ice never felt a shop love so much.

We had some moderately rough seas for a couple of days and the ship really moved a lot (the only cruise I've ever been on where the movement seemed to keep a lot of people in their rooms).

Even when the seas quietened down we still got quite a bit of movement, but there was very little movement later in the cruise, when it was calm.

A theory we had was that the ship is badly affected by the wind which was why it moved so much.

From my experience, I'd say that if the seas are calm and it isn't windy then you should be fine, but it doesn't seem to take much to get the ship moving.

We agree, we were on that sailing, even when we got out of the rough seas you could still feel movement from the wind. The ship is so tall that it seems to catch the wind. With the seas and cool temps. there were not many people by the pool, so the inside common areas seemed crowded. They said we had about 3200 (525 platinum) on this sailing. We like the smaller ships, so we're on the Dawn next week and the Jade the end of the month.