Night Light usage question

cruiser boo

I brought a flat plug in night light that emitted a low blue light, in the bathroom. Worked fine. It was one I purchased in Bed Bath and Beyond.

We use that type of glowing night light at the desk's socket but hesitated to try it in the bathroom's shaver socket...good to know that it also works there...thanks. :)

image.jpeg.9e43b5e5dd6f717da41973786a76a0e0.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hi All

Would thought enough light coming in under cabin door and the small

emergency light at the bed would give enough light to move around cabin,

but like others have said leave the bathroom light on and close the door.

yours Shogun

On our last 2 cruises we were able to use the shaver outlet for a small nightlight. On several previous cruises, the shaver outlet only worked when the bathroom light was on defeating the whole purpose. I don't know if that outlet now works on all ships when the bathroom light is out??

Edited by Viv0828

No its a 2 prong us but wired/labeled for low voltage shavers only.

We sometimes plug our toothbrush charger in there too.

Only one outlet though.

Shaver outlets have isolating transformers not voltage reduction transformers and are intended to reduce shock hazard around plumbing. They are low amperage not low voltage and therefore can accept any 110v device that does not draw much power.

The bathroom "shaver" outlet has only two prongs so no ground prong. The outlet will accept either two flat prongs (US) or two round prongs (Europe) where only one can be used at a time. It is however a low current rated outlet and will trip if you try to pull too much current. Night lights are certainly in the very low current category and will work. We use the outlet solely to keep our toothbrushes charged.

Shaver outlets have isolating transformers not voltage reduction transformers and are intended to reduce shock hazard around plumbing. They are low amperage not low voltage and therefore can accept any 110v device that does not draw much power.

Thanks but most are not concerned with the details.

We just need to know that its for shavers/night lights/ toothbrush chargers. ;)

Thank you for this. I found it informative.

Thanks but most are not concerned with the details.

We just need to know that its for shavers/night lights/ toothbrush chargers. ;)

Actually, I am happy to know the details as I have always been mildly curious about the bathroom outlet. :)

I've used an old style (real filament night light bulb) on both the Star and Caribbean Princess. Worked fine. Especially helpful when one or the other of us has to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and even a flashlight would disturb the one still sleeping.

Jackie

We use that type of glowing night light at the desk's socket but hesitated to try it in the bathroom's shaver socket...good to know that it also works there...thanks. :)

The light you posted is the same one we've used on cruises for years. Gives off a soft glow without too much light. We also use it in our RV.