Former January cruisers.. I have a question

jjdmom8

This is our first time cruising in January. We are going to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. My question is..what is the water temp in the pools on the ship when sailing ? Looks like the temps will be in the 80's at the ports, but wondering what the weather will be (provided its not raining) on board on sea days. Trying to pack light but want to make sure I have the correct clothing for the weather. Its hard to imagine as it is winter here and very cool/cold. Should I pack summer type clothing?

Thanks in advance!

The month of Janurary is my favorite month to cruise. We live in Baltimore MD

and sail on the Pride. They have a sliding cover over the pool so weather is

not a factor, and by the second day we are around south Carolina and the

weather is warm by then. You did not say on your post where you live or

where you ate sailing out of so it is hard to say what your pool temp. will

be on sea days. If you are flying to a southern port then I am pretty sure

your sea day temp. in the pool will be fine. HAPPY SAILING!!!

Yes, pack summer clothing, but also maybe something warmer for your trip down. You will be in the 80°+ range down there. As to pool temps, unless the pool is heated, 90° is ideal, but your body will acclimate to it quickly if cooler, so no worries.

I live further north, in South Florida, and today it was "freezing", at a high of 75°! I still have short pants and shirt on. Last week, we were in the mid 80s!

It be hot down there!

January is our our favorite time to cruise. We get out of the cold of the northeast, relax and have fun! :) In past the price were much cheaper too. You will have a great time and the weather will be fine and pools warm. Depending on your departure port it may be cool the first day but by the time you wake up in the morning you will be enjoying the hot sun. Enjoy your cruise and don't forget the sunscreen.

Best guess this year it will be warm as the east coast is downright hot due to El Nina or whatever that thing is. But when we went to Key West and Coz mid-Jan the east coast was in a cold snap and the high was low 70's - we snorkeled in Coz and the water and air temp were identical...which means we froze when we got out. It is cooler at night however and I would have a sweater or jacket available.

Outdoor decks can be cool at night. Take a sweater. otherwise summer clothes for sure. We cruised last Jan and it was wonderful in Coz, Gr Cayman and Jamaica. Pool water on the ships is ocean water pumped in new every day.