Amber Cove - last week - photos

reno3

We were on the Glory last week and stopped at Amber Cove. When we booked this cruise we were going to Half Moon Cay so when the port was changed we were a little disappointed. I didn’t know what we were going to do at this port, we thought about a cabana but decided the cost was too much. Once we were on board we decided to book a Carnival excursion, Mega Truck Adventure (I will post a review on the excursion on another post). We were to be in port from 7am-4pm. We did not have a lot of time after our excursion to spend at the port since we arrived over one hour late to the port and lost another hour waiting for another family to board the Mega Truck (more on that in my excursion review). Here are some photos I took before we got back on the ship about one hour before we sailed at 4:00.

Pedicab - the dock is long and they will take you from ship to shore (and back) for a fee. They don't have a set amount. Whatever you want to pay (they said).DSCF0962_zpsh60ftkg1.jpg

Edited by reno3

Slide

DSCF1102_zpszofncwdz.jpg

First (or fourth pool cabana) see the zip line right over this cabana. I think it would be an issues with people "zipping" all day over you. There were people still zipping while I took these pictures and it was noisy.

DSCF1103_zpsmn2b1nze.jpg

Pool cabanas 1-4 (top of photo to lower right corner) #4 is the one with the zipline over it.

DSCF1104_zpspccfkdcz.jpg

Hammock under each pool cabana (note RESERVED sign hanging under the hammock

DSCF1106_zpszzabkvlg.jpg

Edited by reno3

Photo from the pool bar area (there is one more of the four cabanas not shown to the left)

DSCF1110_zpsvuyvh9ei.jpg

Pool bar (swimup) you can see how close the pool cabanas are to the pool.

Cabana deck to the right in photo.

DSCF1105_zpsliyu3b5o.jpg

Two of the hillside cabanas above the pool cabanas

DSCF1111_zpssjl75dah.jpg

Hilltop bar and two more hillside cabanas overlooking the port not overlooking the pool.

DSCF1115_zpstdnkper7.jpg

This photo Carnival sent me when I asked how big the hot tub was in the hillside cabana. Not very big. I guess enough for one person.

Hillside%20Cabana%201_zps1gtirdeq.jpg

Bar at the pool. I did not go in to take photos. Not sure what they serve as for food.

DSCF1113_zps6na5d2jt.jpg

Swimup bar part of the pool

DSCF1112_zpst119cwyc.jpg

Where zipline ends

DSCF1099_zpsjkhx3pze.jpg

About 5 or so of these

DSCF1097_zpspbpxj71y.jpg

Couple of "zippers"

DSCF1095_zps8efshak8.jpg

People have asked it the pool is a "lazy river" it is not but you can see at the top, middle of the photo the pool goes into a type of narrow canal (for lack of a better discription) under bridges. You can see one of the bridges in the photo (top center).

DSCF1109_zpsba8zolgo.jpg

I guess that is all I have. As you can see not many people still at the pool at this time. I don't know how busy it was during the day. As I mentioned we only had about 45 minutes once we returned from our excursion to shop and walk around. There were a few shops open, about 8 or so. There were enough for us to look in and buy a few things before we had to get back on the ship.

Thank you for posting. I'm amazed how very few Amber Cove reviews there have been so far. Did you notice if any of the cabanas were rented? I've yet to see the inside of any of the cabanas or one review. Not even one on Carnival's website either!

Once we were off the ship we went right to meet our exercusion so I did not go to the pool area until we came back which was about 45 minutes before we had to be back on the ship. By that time there were about 20 people wondering around (including works). It looked like a ghost town. I think there was one or two people in the pool. As you can see from the pictures not many people. One of the photos has my son in it! By this time if the cabanas had been rented the people had all left. I walked up the stairs to the pool cabana but I couldn't get into the cabana and could not get a good picture. I wish we had more time to spend at the pool after the excursion. I had figured we would have 2 hours once back but that did not happen since we were late by one hour to port and then had to wait on a family for the excursion and wasted another hour. We had acutally left for the excursion after waiting 20 minutes and had to turn around (10 minutes out) to go back and get the family. Then waited another 10 or so minutes for them and then back on the road.

Thanks so much for posting the photos!!!!

Glad you were still able to snorkel with all the delays. BTW, what was the quality of the snorkeling and can you describe the boat you went out on. How large, number of people, etc.

Edited by wantocruisemore

Once we were off the ship we went right to meet our exercusion so I did not go to the pool area until we came back which was about 45 minutes before we had to be back on the ship. By that time there were about 20 people wondering around (including works). It looked like a ghost town. I think there was one or two people in the pool. As you can see from the pictures not many people. One of the photos has my son in it! By this time if the cabanas had been rented the people had all left. I walked up the stairs to the pool cabana but I couldn't get into the cabana and could not get a good picture. I wish we had more time to spend at the pool after the excursion. I had figured we would have 2 hours once back but that did not happen since we were late by one hour to port and then had to wait on a family for the excursion and wasted another hour. We had acutally left for the excursion after waiting 20 minutes and had to turn around (10 minutes out) to go back and get the family. Then waited another 10 or so minutes for them and then back on the road.

Well thanks anyway! I really appreciate the pics!

Thanks so much for posting the photos!!!!

Glad you were still able to snorkel with all the delays. BTW, what was the quality of the snorkeling and can you describe the boat you went out on. How large, number of people, etc.

Sorry, our tour was a land and beach tour, no snorkeling.

Hi guys you can take public transportation just outside the AC port. $5 pp Javilla Tours is the name of the public buses and they are safe. You can use them for the cable cars as well and to go to Santiago the next largest city in the country. when I was there we used then.

Hi guys you can take public transportation just outside the AC port. $5 pp Javilla Tours is the name of the public buses and they are safe. You can use them for the cable cars as well and to go to Santiago the next largest city in the country. when I was there we used then.

Good to know, thx for posting!

We were there all day and stayed at the pool. We were actually sitting directly under the zipline on the far side of the pool. It really wasn't that noisy at all.

There was plenty of space around the pool, no matter what time people arrived. It also didn't appear that many of the cabanas were rented that day.

On HAL, I don't see any cabanas. Has anyone sailed HAL and stopes at Amber Cove?

We will be on the Feb 28 Nieuw Amsterdam - the cabanas are not listed as part of our excursion booklet. They have them listed for Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay.