Do Regent SS offer upgrades?

Suzez

I was just wondering, do Regent SS offer their early booking customers cabin upgrades or on board spending money..... As our cruise draws nearer, the prices have dropped on certain cabins. Some are on guarantee, some not. What happens to those that have paid the higher prices?

Edited by Suzez

Since you live in the U.K., the answer may be different than in the U.S. Regent does offer upsells (vs. upgrades) on some itineraries when the date is close (usually 3 weeks to a month prior to the cruise). I have not known them to ever offer last minute on board credits - usually they are in place when you book -- either with Regent or with a TA. When ships are not full, they may offer you a discount on the cruise prior to or after yours.

Thank you. I will call my agent tomorrow. I do not know anyone in the Uk that has sailed with Regent. I am very happy with my suite option. It would be nice to have the option to upgrade if possible. The next cabin grade is to a Penthouse suite, with this we would get business class flights.That would be rather nice. :)

Thank you. I will call my agent tomorrow. I do not know anyone in the Uk that has sailed with Regent. I am very happy with my suite option. It would be nice to have the option to upgrade if possible. The next cabin grade is to a Penthouse suite, with this we would get business class flights.That would be rather nice. :)

Again, keeping in mind that things may differ in the U.K., when you purchase an upsell, it does not include business class flights - you are upgrading the cruise-only portion. Wish this were not the case but it is:o

• 2 weeks later...
Again, keeping in mind that things may differ in the U.K., when you purchase an upsell, it does not include business class flights - you are upgrading the cruise-only portion. Wish this were not the case but it is:o

We have been offered an upgrade, but you are right, this is for the cruise only and not the flights. We have decided not to take the upgrade as the suite is the same size as the one we have and we like our position on the ship. However, we can take the difference in on board spending money, so that will be nice to have to spend on treatments and other such goodies :)

Suzez,

Glad you obtained what you wanted from your Agent and Regent. Hope you have a great cruise.

Just to give some further information from our experience of booking in the UK:

UK Booking Conditions are such that once you have placed your deposit (usually 20%), you have no right to object to a drop in price etc. and would lose your deposit if you cancelled the booking.

However our experience has been that when we have raised an issue with our Agent and/or Regent, Regent have always '
done the right thing
' in terms of compensating for the drop in price by offering an upgrade, on-board credit, future cruise credit (or a combination to make up the difference) :). We have never managed to get them just to lower our invoice to the new price!! :(

Upsells (i.e. offering an upgrade for additional cost, but lower than the brochure difference) are seldom, if ever, offered to UK customers :confused:

Booking on-board offers many advantages to UK customers in that a lower deposit is taken and you have the option to move that deposit to a different cruise if you change your mind or to cancel for a nominal admin fee i.e. booking on-board brings UK customers the advantages of US booking conditions, but you are still covered by UK travel protection (ABTA, ATOL etc) :)

Hope this helps

As I recall, we were offered an upsell on our first cruise on Navigator, we paid extra for an upgrade to a Navigator Suite; the suite itself was nice, the location right below the pool deck, well, not so much. Then a few years later we upcharged about 3 weeks before sailing (?) to a Mariner Suite - we loved this one, it was worth every dime we paid for it. The suite upgrades appeal more to my better half, as she tends to spend more time in the cabin - I, on the other hand, usually wander the ship, enjoy the lounges, etc.

I'm at the point now that it would have to be a very, VERY nice upgrade at a similarly nice price to convince me to pay for the upsell, as Regent's basic suites are nice even at the lower price ranges. We don't get that much use out of our butlers (although they ARE nice to have) - we're in a D Concierge for our upcoming cruise, and it's a good location (I think) so we're not inclined to pay more unless it's for something awesome.

:)

Suzez,

Glad you obtained what you wanted from your Agent and Regent. Hope you have a great cruise.

Just to give some further information from our experience of booking in the UK:

UK Booking Conditions are such that once you have placed your deposit (usually 20%), you have no right to object to a drop in price etc. and would lose your deposit if you cancelled the booking.

However our experience has been that when we have raised an issue with our Agent and/or Regent, Regent have always '
done the right thing
' in terms of compensating for the drop in price by offering an upgrade, on-board credit, future cruise credit (or a combination to make up the difference) :). We have never managed to get them just to lower our invoice to the new price!! :(

Upsells (i.e. offering an upgrade for additional cost, but lower than the brochure difference) are seldom, if ever, offered to UK customers :confused:

Booking on-board offers many advantages to UK customers in that a lower deposit is taken and you have the option to move that deposit to a different cruise if you change your mind or to cancel for a nominal admin fee i.e. booking on-board brings UK customers the advantages of US booking conditions, but you are still covered by UK travel protection (ABTA, ATOL etc) :)

Hope this helps

Thank you for this info. It seems we have done well then. I must admit, our agent always say. 'lets see what we can do for you' We didn't expect anything as we were very happy with what we paid in the first place. This difference in OBC is a nice bonus and much appreciated. I just had confirmations that it has been added to our 'account' .

As I recall, we were offered an upsell on our first cruise on Navigator, we paid extra for an upgrade to a Navigator Suite; the suite itself was nice, the location right below the pool deck, well, not so much. Then a few years later we upcharged about 3 weeks before sailing (?) to a Mariner Suite - we loved this one, it was worth every dime we paid for it. The suite upgrades appeal more to my better half, as she tends to spend more time in the cabin - I, on the other hand, usually wander the ship, enjoy the lounges, etc.

I'm at the point now that it would have to be a very, VERY nice upgrade at a similarly nice price to convince me to pay for the upsell, as Regent's basic suites are nice even at the lower price ranges. We don't get that much use out of our butlers (although they ARE nice to have) - we're in a D Concierge for our upcoming cruise, and it's a good location (I think) so we're not inclined to pay more unless it's for something awesome.

:)

I like the look of the suites, they are plenty of space for us. We don't have any days at sea, so will not be in the suite much during the day. I dont need a butler. We too have a concierge D book on deck 8 mid ship:)

I like the look of the suites, they are plenty of space for us. We don't have any days at sea, so will not be in the suite much during the day. I dont need a butler. We too have a concierge D book on deck 8 mid ship:)

Well, if you're in 820 on Navigator, take good care of it as that's where we are this summer. :D