Viking ' Money-Back Risk-Free Cancellation Waiver'

ural guy

In additional to the evacuation coverage in regular travel insurance policies, I advise joining MedJet Assist (discount price for AARP members). The other policies require the local doctor and insurance company to decide your fate, and the best you are likely to get is evacuation to the nearest large hospital [i.e. still in a foreign country]. MedJet gives YOU the right to demand evacuation to the hospital of your choice anywhere in the world [i.e. the hospital you prefer near your home] -- and the policy covers a whole year and coverage is available whenever you are 150 miles from home [perfect for snowbirds!]

In additional to the evacuation coverage in regular travel insurance policies, I advise joining MedJet Assist (discount price for AARP members). The other policies require the local doctor and insurance company to decide your fate, and the best you are likely to get is evacuation to the nearest large hospital [i.e. still in a foreign country]. MedJet gives YOU the right to demand evacuation to the hospital of your choice anywhere in the world [i.e. the hospital you prefer near your home] -- and the policy covers a whole year and coverage is available whenever you are 150 miles from home [perfect for snowbirds!]

I am going to look into that Jazz....sounds like a good thing to have.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i will be the guinea pig for the group.

We booked our trip with the risk free cancellation benefit.

And 5 minutes ago we invoked it, due to the posts on this site, and on vikings site, talking about high water, water not being navigable, etc. and that our trip would be modified to accommodate.

Ill let you know how it plays out.

And 5 minutes ago we invoked it, due to the posts on this site, and on vikings site, talking about high water, water not being navigable, etc. and that our trip would be modified to accommodate.

What cruise were you booked on?

That will be the Douro sailing from Porto.

Hummm I might have cancelled too. Those boats have not been moving :( with so many Viking boats sailing it's too bad they can't change to a different itinerary.

• 4 weeks later...
i will be the guinea pig for the group.

We had cancelled a couple weeks ago, but still went to portugal; just got a car and drove around the country. Took a day cruise on the douro which was nice.

viking refunded our money about a week after we cancelled. Full refund, every penny we paid.

We were very happy with viking, and would book again when the river isnt overflowing.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked with Viking River Cruises with the Risk Free Cancellation offer they had in January 2016. This is where one can cancel up to 24 hours before departure for a full refund. This is to verify that we did cancel and received a full refund within 3 working days. The cancellation has to be done in writing via email to vcmail@vikingcruises.com. Recommendation is to call customer relations and follow-up with the cancellation/refund.