Specialty Dining Dress

leisuretraveler223

It's been a couple years since I've been on Celebrity, and I know they've also transitioned from formal to "Evening Chic". But I just want to double check. Sailing in February on Reflection as a party of six adults. We do not anticipate any nights in the MDR, but will be in the specialty restaurants instead. According to the restaurant descriptions on the website, they are all "Smart Casual". Can anyone confirm that this is what they are hearing and being told on board as well?

True, but when it was "formal" many people did dress up anyway, particularly in Murano or its equivalent on M class ships, even if wasn't "formal" or "chic" night.

Having said that, you will be absolutely perfectly fine in a Hawaiian shirt or polo or button-down shirt. Particularly now that formal is a thing of the past.

It's been a couple years since I've been on Celebrity, and I know they've also transitioned from formal to "Evening Chic". But I just want to double check. Sailing in February on Reflection as a party of six adults. We do not anticipate any nights in the MDR, but will be in the specialty restaurants instead. According to the restaurant descriptions on the website, they are all "Smart Casual". Can anyone confirm that this is what they are hearing and being told on board as well?

From the website:

Specialty Restaurants (Including Luminae for our Suite Class guests and Blu for our AquaClass® Guests) The dress code in Celebrity’s Specialty Restaurants is Smart Casual for every night of your cruise. Evening Chic attire is only required in the main dining room on your formal evenings.

There are those who wish the formal and dressy code would go away. It is not a thing of the past, men still bring their tuxes and women still wear gowns, cocktail dresses and bling. Yes, in the specialty restaurants as well.

Dress as you wish, evening chic, smart casual, or formal. It's all okay.

Happy cruising'

Susan

There are those who wish the formal and dressy code would go away. It is not a thing of the past' date=' men still bring their tuxes and women still wear gowns, cocktail dresses and bling. Yes, in the specialty restaurants as well.

Dress as you wish, evening chic, smart casual, or formal. It's all okay.

Happy cruising'

Susan[/quote']

Bottom line, Evening Chic is nothing but marketing speak, Celebrity is smart casual now, period. You can dress up fancier than that, but even on "Evening Chic night" a pair of khakis & a polo or Tommy Bahama type shirt is just fine.

Bottom line, Evening Chic is nothing but marketing speak, Celebrity is smart casual now, period. You can dress up fancier than that, but even on "Evening Chic night" a pair of khakis & a polo or Tommy Bahama type shirt is just fine.

Agree since they really can't define Evening Chic.

Just noticed that they finally changed the web site and removed the chart that had how many formal and smart casual nights there are based on cruise length. It was there until last week. The new wording also clarifies something. If your cruise is 7 days or more you will have two "evening chic" nights no matter the length of the cruise. Here's the wording

"All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise."

Edited by dkjretired

Exactly, anyone who believes there will be any difference in 6 months between the two is smoking the wrong stuff