Family of 5, two rooms on Oasis

We have just booked a March cruise on Oasis of the Seas. We got two rooms and plan to put three teens in one and then one for ourselves. When we booked there had to be someone over 21 in each of the rooms. My question is, can we get an extra key to the rooms because my husbands seapass card obviously won't work for the one room and vice versa?

We have just booked a March cruise on Oasis of the Seas. We got two rooms and plan to put three teens in one and then one for ourselves. When we booked there had to be someone over 21 in each of the rooms. My question is, can we get an extra key to the rooms because my husbands seapass card obviously won't work for the one room and vice versa?

Yes.

Yes, you simply go to guest services as soon as you can and get an extra key.

Are the 2 rooms directly beside or directly across the hall from each other? If so you can have the kids in their own room and there will be no need for extra keys. This will of course only allow you to bring on 2 bottles of wine where now, as there is an adult in each room, you may bring on 4 bottles of wine.

The rooms are both on the 9th floor but not directly across or next to each other. We each will need our own keys and my husband can't just swap with the one teen who is booked with me in the second room. I wasn't sure we could request a second key, thanks everyone!

Edited by armyspouse

I think the only way you can have all minors in their own rooms is if you book adjoining staterooms connected by an internal door. Someone please correct me if this is mistaken or you've done otherwise

I think the only way you can have all minors in their own rooms is if you book adjoining staterooms connected by an internal door. Someone please correct me if this is mistaken or you've done otherwise

See post #4 where Ken has posted the conditions under which Royal will let kids stay in their own stateroom. You have to call Royal or your travel agent to book this way, you cannot book this on the website.

I have done this twice on Carnival Dream and doing again on Oasis. On Carnival I had to have my name on the kids cabin but they were well aware what the plan was. The kids were directly across the hall from my cabin. I got what I called the "mom key" for the kids room from guest services. It's basically a card like your SeaPass card but looks different but it will get you in the room.

Edited by mazzworld

They are somewhat flexible on their cabin loaction and you don't have to be right next door. As far as the "key," it is also your charge card and ID for getting on and off the ship. Therefore you can't just swap it with the teens. You can get an extra at guest services as stated above.