Atlantis Aquaventure half day worth it?

LakeWobegon

Hello. My family and I are taking a 7 day cruise on the Escape in March during Easter week. I have no doubt that Atlantis would be something to see and experience in Nassau. But I am wondering if $189 a person is worth it for 5 hours, really 4, when you minus travel time. I've read reviews on tripadvisor that say if you get to the park late, forget about getting a tube for the waterslides, and that its just a big rush in general to get in and out of there. Wondering if we shouldn't save Atlantis for a time where we have more time. Any experiences from members of t his board that they'd like to share?

Thanks!

I'd skip it as the price would be too steep for such a short time. We were there on Christmas day and to get a tube for anything was hard...pretty packed. Most time we have gotten to Atlantis it was earlier enough that the crowds from the hotel were just waking up so tubing was easier. However, on the Escape we arrive late so the park was already packed....maybe that was the difference. I honestly, wouldn't pay that fee for such a short time again unless we arrive earlier...

I heard you get rent a room at the hotel across the street, forgot the name and it includes 4 tickets to Atlantis...that might be a better value but then you waste the time checking in and such...\

But that's just my opinion

Edited by xcell

We did that excursion -- it was almost $600 for three of us, which *I* thought was outrageous and totally not worth it. But...

My teen son thought it was one of the best excursions he took -- so worth it for him.

My husband thought it was a fun day, and didn't complain really about the price. (Edit to say -- half day, not day)

One of the friends we traveled with also thought it was the best excursion, so it was totally worth it for her.

They have a great lazy river, so if you like those (like my friend does), it could be worth it. They also have a bunch of elaborate water slides, and if you're a bit of a daredevil, like my teen son I guess, then it could be worth it for you. (For me, some of those water slides were like a punishment I had to line up and pay for ;) )

Edited by macandlucy

I'd say no, especially because it's going to be packed. We've done it twice, full day, off peak time, and really enjoyed it, but we got there at 9, and had time to do the slides before big lines, and had time for the beach and the aquarium.

we stayed 5 nights at the Atlantis for spring break last year and when the ships were there is was crazy busy so I would not pay that to go there for a half a day.

for that money you could almost fly there and spend the night and go to the park lol.

stay on the ship while in Nassau and enjoy the water park on the ship that is what we did best day ever to have to ship to your self.

Hello. My family and I are taking a 7 day cruise on the Escape in March during Easter week. I have no doubt that Atlantis would be something to see and experience in Nassau. But I am wondering if $189 a person is worth it for 5 hours, really 4, when you minus travel time. I've read reviews on tripadvisor that say if you get to the park late, forget about getting a tube for the waterslides, and that its just a big rush in general to get in and out of there. Wondering if we shouldn't save Atlantis for a time where we have more time. Any experiences from members of t his board that they'd like to share?

Thanks!

My 2 cents: You dock at noon and the park closes at 5 so it might be 3 hours max. I took my son and we spent 6 hours on a day it wasn't crowded at all and would've considered it to be a waste to do any less than that. I imagine spring break will be very crowded.

Thanks for all the comments! Yes. I am figuring it will be packed, we'll be rushed and I really don't want to have the last day of the cruise be one we don't enjoy to put it politely. I think under the right circumstances, it would be great. I had checked into the Comfort Suites option and that would be substantially less than what NCL offers through excursions. So cost wasn't the biggest driver. More so Dad being ticked off on the last day of the cruise. Ha. The kids see Atlantis on TV all the time and are excited but they also get why it would be a waste in this situation and that they could have a better time on the ship or another outing.

I've been wanting to go to the water park at Atlantis for quite some time and we did that excursion in December when we were on the Escape.

The lazy river was great. Getting a tube sucked though. I was also pretty disappointed in the number of slides at the park. I was expecting a lot more slides. There was only 5 slides operating the day that we were there not including the kid slides. The three slides at the Mayan Temple were working and only two slides at the other tower were working.

Line ups were really long and the lazy river was really packed. We were the second ship in port that day followed closely by a Carnival ship. For some reason our disembarkation was significantly delayed that day and it was brutal trying to get off the ship. There were hundreds of people lined up at the stairs just before the scheduled time but we were delayed about 30 minutes. The Carnival ship disembarked first for some reason.

Atlantis might be better during a multi day stay at the resort but for three hours it was pretty disappointing and expensive.

Sorry to hijack your thread but we are wanting to do this excursion in November on escape also half day will it be quieter in November my hubby and children will be devastated it we can't do Atlantis ?

We went in November and it was not too busy, but I agree with a previous poster to check how many other ships are in port. With 10,000+ people it's not just the park that's the problem, but it's the physical aspect of getting off the ship and getting to the park which isn't that quick when everyone is rushing off and the roads are only little :)

I think it is personal preference. My son (13) really wanted to go on the Atlantis ride he had always seen "in the commercials". We explained it would be busy (it was in June) and very short, and he still wanted to go even if he only got to ride that one ride. We had time to ride all the rides, and ended up enjoying it. Again, we knew going in what to expect.

We went in November and it was not too busy, but I agree with a previous poster to check how many other ships are in port. With 10,000+ people it's not just the park that's the problem, but it's the physical aspect of getting off the ship and getting to the park which isn't that quick when everyone is rushing off and the roads are only little :)

Checked and there is us and carnival glory at port as well as an aida ship