Ship time vs Cozumel time (Excursion)

Hello,

I know this may seem a silly question but hopefully someone will be able to answer it!

Me and my better half are booked to do an independent Catamaran excursion when we are on Allure in April. The excursion starts at 9.30AM local time, however i've read that the difference between ship and port time is sometimes 1 hr and sometimes 2 hrs. does anyone know what time our ship would be on when we dock on 8th April? I assume the difference between 1 and 2 hour time difference is due to daylight savings?

Thanks

Fraser & Anna

Hello,

I know this may seem a silly question but hopefully someone will be able to answer it!

Me and my better half are booked to do an independent Catamaran excursion when we are on Allure in April. The excursion starts at 9.30AM local time, however i've read that the difference between ship and port time is sometimes 1 hr and sometimes 2 hrs. does anyone know what time our ship would be on when we dock on 8th April? I assume the difference between 1 and 2 hour time difference is due to daylight savings?

Thanks

Fraser & Anna

Only the captain will know. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/mexico/cozumel Ship probably be an DST. Edited by FLACRUISER99

Hi,

Cozumel and Florida time are the same...right now...Jan 10,2016

EST.

Cozumel never observes Daylight Savings time.

Assuming you are cruising from Port Everglades in April.

So, in April the US "will be" on Daylight Savings Time (starts March 13th)

...and Cozumel will not be.

So, in April, Cozumel will be one (1) hour behind Florida time.

Whether your captain switches the clocks back for a one week western

cruise....You will be notified in the daily compass.

Edited by rocketsurgery

You will go by SHIP'S TIME...what local time is doesn't matter...ignore it. Your guide will understand how this time thing works.

Whatever time the ship's clocks say, is the time it is. It's the ONLY thing you need to worry about.

Edited by cb at sea

Thanks for the responses, I usually always go by ships time, however this year we have booked 2 independent excursions which state they begin at 9:30 AM local time for Cozumel and 10:00 AM local time for Grand Cayman.

Just wasn't sure how much of a difference these would be against ships time.

Thanks

Fraser & Anna

Hello,

Thanks

Fraser & Anna

I know you are going to get a bunch of conflicting answers. My advise is make sure the tour operator knows which ship you are on. They will know when it arrives, when it leaves and where it docks. Their word of mouth reputation depends on getting people on time.