New Caledonia - injections required

Esilef

That is the way we look at it. When we are not living in native villages, we don't need some vaccinations that would be recommended on the list for visitors to these places.

Being up to date with Tetanus, polio, and flu vaccinations/immunisations is important.:)

I would add pertussis to that list.

I would add pertussis to that list.

Yes. I was trying to think what else was appropriate. Another one to consider is Whooping Cough. Unfortunately this has become more common. Most of us adults had our shots so many years ago that we are no longer protected. When we became grandparents, our son asked us to have a Whooping Cough shot to make sure we didn't pass it on to the baby. There was a cruise a few years ago where someone had Whooping Cough and passed it around. It ended up that a lot of passengers caught it. I seem to remember it was a Princess ship on a long cruise, but I can't remember which one.

In 2014 we took a few minutes at the docs to have boosters and a few extra shots such as tetanus , hepA, hepB and typhoid and a couple of other things cannot remember what they are now, but seemed like a good idea at the time, one shot cost $60.00, but what the heck, now we can eat drink and be merry in almost any port or village, carry your own toilet paper when on shore, wash your hands, use wipes that contain Benzalkonium chloride , and if all else fails Imodium is your friend. :eek: