Upsell for Canadians - which rate did they use?

ilovetotravel1977

• 3 weeks later...
For those Canadians who have been successful with scoring an upsell, which exchange rate did they charge you at? Your original booking rate, or the current bank rate?

If you paid in CAD then all the future quotes they offer are just in CAD so you won't know the rate. It sounds as if these are straight offers and not based on an exchange as they are in full dollars.

You can work out the rate for all the "Packages" by comparing the rate you have to pay through "MyNCL" with that offered on the "NCL" website. In CAD these are not full dollars so have been based on an exchange rate.

Mike

I'm not sure why we get such a great exchange rate through NCL. I just booked a cruise yesterday. The current RBC rate would have put my cruise at $3400Cdn after the exchange had I paid the original US$ price.

When I phoned they gave me the same price in US$ but I asked them to convert to Canadian. My cruise then came to $3009....huge savings. NCL is basically charging about 1.32 compared to the current rate of 1.45

I'm not sure why we get such a great exchange rate through NCL. I just booked a cruise yesterday. The current RBC rate would have put my cruise at $3400Cdn after the exchange had I paid the original US$ price.

When I phoned they gave me the same price in US$ but I asked them to convert to Canadian. My cruise then came to $3009....huge savings. NCL is basically charging about 1.32 compared to the current rate of 1.45

I think they, at present, give those paying in CAD a 10% discount on the day's exchange rate. And that is locked in for anything you want to buy BEFORE you cruise.

Mike

If you paid in CAD then all the future quotes they offer are just in CAD so you won't know the rate. It sounds as if these are straight offers and not based on an exchange as they are in full dollars.

You can work out the rate for all the "Packages" by comparing the rate you have to pay through "MyNCL" with that offered on the "NCL" website. In CAD these are not full dollars so have been based on an exchange rate.

Mike

This is what I was looking for. It seemed to me that this was case, just a straight amount in Cdn $.

Thanks, Mike.