Island Princess reconfiguration

BarefootTom

Island is doing multiple Alaska runs this year. We're booked on the southbound AK to Vancouver after our 6 day land tour. Despite the changes (and the unfathomable lack of IC) we intend to have a fantastic cruise.

I find it interesting that, while so many people decry the changes, the Island cruises to and from AK are sold out while the Star cruises with the same itineraries still have cabins available.

Lastly, Aft cabin folks get to have Muster in the gym. This is bad. Hot, no seating, long. Stand in lines and wait. Worst Princess muster ever. There were quite a few older folks who just couldn't do it. i was surprised no one passed out (that I saw). Some did finally just move and sit on the exercise machines. Crew was not very helpful - but, maybe because they were new to Princess Muster? This really was not acceptable for Princess.

Else - the voyage was super, the bar staff was the best in a long time, Elite evening service (5 to 7 in Explorers) was outstanding, and even the pursers desk was friendly!

We were in a aft cabin and mustered in Explorers.

I find it interesting that, while so many people decry the changes, the Island cruises to and from AK are sold out while the Star cruises with the same itineraries still have cabins available.

While this is true, the popularity of the sister ship Coral, has increased by leaps and bounds. Months ago I tried to book on Coral for a May B2B, but there was nothing suitable to be had, while much of Island was still available.

john

We were also in an aft suite and mustered in the gym. Absolutely awful what we went through standing so long with so many of us having knee problems, especially for the handicapped and elderly. They were trying to sit on the edges of the equipment and no apologies from any of the crew.

Hi Keith. Think of you and Tamie often.

Are you sure this is the right cruise for you? You will be in the tropics for a great deal of the time,where it is Hot, Hot, Hot, and if you are adverse to heat and humidity you will be wanting to stay in the ship the entire time.

This cruise has been on my bucket list for a really long time. Are the ship air conditioners able to handle the heat in the cabins and dining rooms, public spaces? If so, I will probably stay on ship for a lot of it. :)

If the ship is hot inside too, then I won't be able to handle the cruise.

Edited by kath00