Uniworld's New Family Brochure and Increased Family Friendly Cruises

capriccio

Host Jazz - hope you don't mind me cutting and pasting this. Laura just posted it on the UK Cruising forum (not quite sure why it is UK news and not river cruising news):

Check out the latest UK News from Cruise Critic:

Uniworld Launches First Dedicated Family Brochure, Increases Family-Friendly Cruises

Continue reading for more detailshttp://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/site...?d=yIl2AUoC8zA

I don't mind, but your link didn't work for me. And in the meantime [remember that we are 6 hours behind UK] it has come up on the US CC site:

Uniworld Launches First Dedicated Family Brochure, Increases Family-Friendly Cruises

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6748

I don't mind, but your link didn't work for me. And in the meantime [remember that we are 6 hours behind UK] it has come up on the US CC site:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6748

We certainly understand their reason for increasing their market by including children, but I can assure you that we will avoid the "child friendly" cruises. The ships are too small to have little ones running around, and just doing what comes naturally for children. If we wanted to be accompanied by youngsters, we would book with Disney. I hope they designate certain dates as being "family friendly".

Cole

We certainly understand their reason for increasing their market by including children, but I can assure you that we will avoid the "child friendly" cruises. The ships are too small to have little ones running around, and just doing what comes naturally for children. If we wanted to be accompanied by youngsters, we would book with Disney. I hope they designate certain dates as being "family friendly".

Cole

I had the same thought. I admit that the first thing I did after reading this thread was to go to the Uniworld site and make sure our next cruise is not on their list of "child friendly" cruises.

Cole

Ditto! Certainly hope that Uniworld specifies those cruises that are family oriented so one knows what to expect when booking. Would guess that these cruises will be summer dates so booking spring or fall might be a good choice.

I really don't mean to sound like I don't love children...but just not on a river cruise. Everything I enjoy about being on Uniworld would be boring for kids. I cannot imagine the lovely buffets, the quiet music with cocktails, the informative evening lectures, the relaxed afternoons on the top deck....all and more would be totally wrecked by unattended children. I've been on too many ocean voyages where the parents enjoy watching the little ones enjoy themselves at the expense of us old folks. In addition...the cabins are just too small for family activities.

Ditto! Certainly hope that Uniworld specifies those cruises that are family oriented so one knows what to expect when booking. Would guess that these cruises will be summer dates so booking spring or fall might be a good choice.

I was searching for a Christmas Market cruise with Uniworld and saw that the second week in December is designated as a family friendly cruise with special prices for children ages 4 - 18. It will be interesting to see how they fit families into the river ship cabins. I can see the older children in separate cabins, but the little tikes will need to be in with their parents. That would be the week that we would not book.

Cole