Cruise personaliser won't accept photo id

belinda_k

I've just booked a cruise on the sun princess for 10 nights in September going around the great barrier reef, I've read all the small print and contracts that say that I only need to have photo ID for the cruise if I'm Australian, but when I try to fill out the personaliser the only option for documentation that I'll be using is for a passport :confused: I don't have a passport so thats not an option for me. do I need to fill out that section of the personaliser to be able to get on the ship? Am I missing something, or what? Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

I'll check back tomorrow for any replies, my head is swimming so I'm off to bed.

I don't have a passport so thats not an option for me. .

Kind of the same thing happened to us. Booked a bon voyage for nephew who didn't have a pssport. The Princess rep said photo ID was enough. You're right, no option in personalizer for that though so we ticked off one of the other options, can't remember which one, which allowed us to print boarding pass, then just showed up with drivers liscense.

Edited by SlyOldLady

From what I can remember, it only gave us the option for a passport until 75 days in advance. Then there were plenty of other options, such as a passport card, birth certificate and a photo I.D. It could never hurt to call princess or you could also bring your passport [emoji6] lol

There is no need to put a picture ID in the Personalizer. Just bring your passport and another form of ID with you for check in at the cruise terminal. Sleep deprivation causes many strange things.

OP said they dont have a passport.

When I took mum on a Princess cruise a couple of years ago I just showed her Age ID card at the terminal as she didnt have a drivers Licence either.

I've never needed a birth certificate on any of my cruises.

Edited by Pushka

My sister did BVE out of San Francisco in December and she needed both her birth certificate and ID since she did not have a passport.

Not sure what the rules and regulations are in Australia but as other's have suggested, only Princess can tell you what your options are. Call them. I'm sure it will be resolved quickly.

Thanks for all the responses and help. I've copied a section from my receipt that refers to the passports and in red is where it states what id Australians will need. The same thing is stated when logging into princess, I just wanted to complete everything early on.

I have aspergers and don't speak on phones but my sister has offered to ring for me, so I'll get her to do that just to make sure. It's just that the incomplete sign is annoying me on the personaliser.

Thanks again for all the help and replies :)

Passports are required on all international cruises. All passengers are required to have a valid passport for a cruise with an overseas (international) destination, including passengers under the age of 18 years. For all Australian coastal cruises featuring Willis Island, passports are the preferred form of identification; however, Customs have advised that a valid photo Drivers Licence will be accepted.

Thanks for all the responses and help. I've copied a section from my receipt that refers to the passports and in red is where it states what id Australians will need. The same thing is stated when logging into princess, I just wanted to complete everything early on.

I have aspergers and don't speak on phones but my sister has offered to ring for me, so I'll get her to do that just to make sure. It's just that the incomplete sign is annoying me on the personaliser.

Thanks again for all the help and replies :)

Passports are required on all international cruises. All passengers are required to have a valid passport for a cruise with an overseas (international) destination, including passengers under the age of 18 years. For all Australian coastal cruises featuring Willis Island, passports are the preferred form of identification; however, Customs have advised that a valid photo Drivers Licence will be accepted.

I understand how the Aspergers is making things more difficult for you. :) I have family members in that situation. I find they tend to get 'hung up' on one point. It's great that your sister will phone for you. :) Maybe she will need to ask to speak to a supervisor because sometimes the Customer Service reps don't know the finer details.

As you say, your cruise does not go to any ports outside Australia. You seem to indicate you have a driver's licence. If they say that is acceptable, I suggest taking another couple of forms of identity just to be sure - medicare card and your birth certificate if you have a copy. I suggest these because they are government-issued cards and maybe you have another form of ID as well.

I am sure your sister will work it out for you. :) Have a wonderful cruise. :)

I understand how the Aspergers is making things more difficult for you. :) I have family members in that situation. I find they tend to get 'hung up' on one point. It's great that your sister will phone for you. :) Maybe she will need to ask to speak to a supervisor because sometimes the Customer Service reps don't know the finer details.

As you say, your cruise does not go to any ports outside Australia. You seem to indicate you have a driver's licence. If they say that is acceptable, I suggest taking another couple of forms of identity just to be sure - medicare card and your birth certificate if you have a copy. I suggest these because they are government-issued cards and maybe you have another form of ID as well.

I am sure your sister will work it out for you. :) Have a wonderful cruise. :)

I do tend to get hung up or obsessed with the one thing a lot :D

I have a licence and a medicare card and I do have my birth certificate somewhere, I'll have to start looking around for it though. I would just get my passport if it wasn't so expensive.

Thanks again for the help :)