room service charge

smith6

I've heard some cruiselines are charging for room service now does Celebrity charge if you order food to your room.

Room service is free and available 24 hrs. Breakfast is pretty bad and the lunch and dinner menu is somewhat limited. Suite guests get much better selection/menu.

Room service is free and available 24 hrs. Breakfast is pretty bad and the lunch and dinner menu is somewhat limited. Suite guests get much better selection/menu.

I've got to disagree about room service breakfast- we were in a concierge C3 just over a year ago on a 11 night canaries cruise ..... We had breakfast first morning in buffet and found it to be way too busy and frantic for us, next 9 days ordered room service and every morning received perfectly cooked over easy eggs, bacon and corned beef hash for me. We also had freshly squeezed orange juice, hot tea, fresh fruit inc grapefruit, melon etc. Toast, croissants, cereals, smoothies, yoghurt etc

We always had this delivered between 9.00 to 9.30 and enjoyed a well cooked breakfast at our leisure on our balcony each morning. Really missed this full experience on RCI a few months ago and one of the reasons we chose X for our next cruise.

The service is complimentary, except when ordered between 11 PM and 6 AM when there is a $4.95 fee per room service order. For Suite guests, it’s complimentary 24 hours a day.

The menu compared to Oceanview but offers a great selection. Concierge and above have an expanded menu and suites can order anything.

Why is RCI charging for Room service now

RCI is the same as Celebrity charges are only applied for late night service. From the RCI web site:

Q: Is there room service onboard?

A: Room service is available onboard any time of the day or night - simply order from the room service menu located in your stateroom/suite (late night service charge of $3.95* applies).

*Service charge subject to change without notice.

Should also be pointed out that charges will also be applied for some higher ticket items. Celebrity also charges for drinks even if you have a drink package. Not sure of RCI

First time on X. In past cruises long ago, you could order from the MDR lunch and dinner menu during those serving times for room service. Most recent experience on RC is you can only order from the room service menu, even during lunch and dinner serving times. IE, you can't order a dinner entrée from the MDR from room service during dinner time.

I have heard other posters here say that on X, you CAN order from the MDR menu during serving hours. Is that correct? We are in a veranda balcony. Does it matter for that room type or is that only offered to suite guests? Thanks,

First time on X. In past cruises long ago, you could order from the MDR lunch and dinner menu during those serving times for room service. Most recent experience on RC is you can only order from the room service menu, even during lunch and dinner serving times. IE, you can't order a dinner entrée from the MDR from room service during dinner time.

I have heard other posters here say that on X, you CAN order from the MDR menu during serving hours. Is that correct? We are in a veranda balcony. Does it matter for that room type or is that only offered to suite guests? Thanks,

Yes, you can order Lunch and Dinner from the MDR only during the regular service hours. Keep in mind for lunch, the MDR will not be open on port days. Get a menu from your steward and/or Butler. If in AQ, the meal comes from the MDR not Blu. Believe at this point the same applies in Suites, you get it from the MDR.

Also, over the years many in suites have stated and I did it once where you get your meal served by courses rather than all at once in regular cabins. Be advised this is not a Celebrity perk but really is up to your Butler as there have been some complaints recently of the by course action not happening.

I've got to disagree about room service breakfast- we were in a concierge C3 just over a year ago on a 11 night canaries cruise ..... We had breakfast first morning in buffet and found it to be way too busy and frantic for us, next 9 days ordered room service and every morning received perfectly cooked over easy eggs, bacon and corned beef hash for me. We also had freshly squeezed orange juice, hot tea, fresh fruit inc grapefruit, melon etc. Toast, croissants, cereals, smoothies, yoghurt etc

We always had this delivered between 9.00 to 9.30 and enjoyed a well cooked breakfast at our leisure on our balcony each morning. Really missed this full experience on RCI a few months ago and one of the reasons we chose X for our next cruise.

I very much agree

Concierge breakfast room service has been prompt and lots to choose from

Had French toast, pancakes blueberry, corned beef hash asparagus omelet, fried egg, oj yogurt, pastries, good hot coffee, fresh sliced fruit, smoothies cereal

Meats

Ok not everything every day

And shared with husband

Love it on balcony

We agree. We find the room service breakfast in Concierge and Aqua to be really good.

What more do you get for breakfast room service that you don't get in a regular cabin? We are in a regular balcony cabin. Thanks,

You can still get plenty of hot items, just not as much variety. For instance you can get eggs any style, along with a choice of breakfast meat, toast, etc., but not eggs Benedict, if I remember correctly. You also will not get complimentary premium OJ or smoothies in a regular cabin, but will in Concierge Class.

You can still get plenty of hot items' date=' just not as much variety. For instance you can get eggs any style, along with a choice of breakfast meat, toast, etc., but not eggs Benedict, if I remember correctly. You also will not get complimentary premium OJ or smoothies in a regular cabin, but will in Concierge Class.[/quote']

I don't recall eggs benedict being on the room service menu for Aqua/Concierge.